VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Feedback On Word Speclative

Rate this question

Brother Gate

Question

I am confused about the word "speclative at best to separate". Need feedback

MORE THAN ONE MENTAL DISORDER:

The following is accurate for this veteran: More than one disorder was diagnosed.

If more than on Disorder was diagnosed, explain the relationship of symptom of the two or more conditions and their relationship to Veteran's Military Service time. If this can't be done, please state this and explain. He has been diagnosed with anxiety disorder since VN and it is therefor more likely than not related to his military service. In terms of his depression, which appears on this interview to be his primary difficulty it is speclative at best to separate this from his anxiety disorder as well as his military service. The seperation/conceptualization is made more difficult with the history of alcohol and substance abuse.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

The Doc is saying he would have to guess but did you a solid to linking it to Military Service. Others may disagree but that is how I see it.

Speculate is to make a guess

• HadIt.com Elder

I think the doctor is saying to separate the anxiety from the depression would be speculative. This could actually be a good thing. If he would just be guessing about separating the SC condition from the NSC condition then there is doubt and the benefit should go to you. How the VA proposes to separate one MH issue from another is anyone's guess. If a person has suffered from anxiety for years and is now depressed this is just the flip side of anxiety. Pete is right about speculation meaning guesswork. Usually, that is bad news for vets. When the word speculation shows up in a medical report that is not normally what you want to read.

The VA rater may twist what the doctor is saying into saying there being a nexus between the depression and SC anxiety is speculative which would be bad. I think you need an IMO to put all the speculation to rest. Were you in combat in RVN? You suffer from an anxiety disorder and PTSD is a form of anxiety disorder. You can get 100% for general anxiety disorder just as easy as depression or any other mental health issue as long as you can show a nexus to service. How long have you been SC?

• HadIt.com Elder
I am confused about the word "speclative at best to separate". Need feedback

MORE THAN ONE MENTAL DISORDER:

The following is accurate for this veteran: More than one disorder was diagnosed.

If more than on Disorder was diagnosed, explain the relationship of symptom of the two or more conditions and their relationship to Veteran's Military Service time. If this can't be done, please state this and explain. He has been diagnosed with anxiety disorder since VN and it is therefor more likely than not related to his military service. In terms of his depression, which appears on this interview to be his primary difficulty it is speclative at best to separate this from his anxiety disorder as well as his military service. The seperation/conceptualization is made more difficult with the history of alcohol and substance abuse.

The doc can't seperate your primary disorder (Depression or MDD (Major Depressive Disorder)) from your anxiety or from your miliitary service.

In-other-words, You have Depression and Anxiety that he can't seperate, nor can he seperate either the anxiety or depression (both or either) from your military service, which means that he thinks that both your depression and your anxiety BOTH originate from your service.

or sumptin lak dat...............

just sayin'

He has been diagnosed with anxiety disorder since VN and it is therefor more likely than not related to his military service. In terms of his depression, which appears on this interview to be his primary difficulty it is speclative at best to separate this from his anxiety disorder as well as his military service. The seperation/conceptualization is made more difficult with the history of alcohol and substance abuse."The seperation/conceptualization is made more difficult with the history of alcohol and substance abuse."

Depression could be the most evident symptom of the anxiety dsoprder and would certainly be part of any anxiety disorder as related to service.

They will only rate you on one MH condition.

Speculative-the BVA disregards speculaton.They basically s--t canned a PA's speculative opinion against my claim. Because I rebutted it word for word reminding BVA that I knew more about cardiology in this case then the PA did. And I reminded them again of my 3 IMOs that gave the PA no credibility.There were on a fishing expedition I guess.

The BVA made a good point as to the HX of drug/alcohol abuse as this can be part and parcel of self medication of PTSD and other traumatic disorders. Also if you have any disablity directly due to drug use or alcohol abuse, there would be potential under Allen V Principi to have those disabilities service connected if they connect the anxiety disorder to your service.

I am confused here-

I assume your stressor has been proven so why didnt the BVA make an award? Did the C & P doc somehow try to opine that you had n anxiety disorder from service but a more major MH problem-the depression- was not SC or related to the anxiety disorder?

I think BVA is looking for an opinion that justifies an award because anyone with PTSD or anxiety due to VN is going to most likely exhibit depression too.

I am also assuming this statement is from a BVA remand.That is how the BVA lawyers 'talk'.I might be wrong there.

BTW have you applied for TDIU?