VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lumbar Strain, Bulging Disc, Herniated Disc

Rate this question

yelloownumber5

Question

The VA doesn't like to change classifications....at least not for me. I am rated Lumbar Strain and have 5 or 6 herniated discs and they have been leaving me rated on the strain.

Yes, I think it can be the result of a severe strain. If you have good evidence of treatment and DX for a back strain in service and have any evidence of on-going treatment or symptoms then I think you can get SC. Back problems usually get worse with time, so if you hurt your back in service and now it has degenerated into herniation you should be able to get that SC'ed. What you need is a medical statement from a back doctor saying the strain led to the herniations.

Exactly what happened to me, I hurt my back in service in 88. Went to sick call diagnosed with Lumbar strain and now about 20 years later I have 3 herniated disc nerve damage and left leg is growing smaller due to not able to use it. Chiorpractor self meds back surgery and stimulator implant the back is a funny animal. I had not thought one event could lead to the hell I have experinced but hang in there. I am living proof that you can get the back tied in to SC. I would add that the VA used everything they could to deny me but I only offer is do nto give up. I would also add letters of support from people family friends helped me also. The surgery I cannot tell you to do but I am going to try it as I am burnt out hurting and falling all of the time. Good luck...

The VA doesn't like to change classifications....at least not for me. I am rated Lumbar Strain and have 5 or 6 herniated discs and they have been leaving me rated on the strain.

Get a second and a third medical opinion I am not an expert but it took me a while to nail down the exact cuase of what went down with my back. Apply for an increase if you have not did so and use the civillian Docs if you can because so far I had no luck with the VA. Have a good weekend and hang in there us people with bad backs understand. Adios...

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Bump