VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied Tdui And/or 100 % And I Am Almost Crippled!

Rate this question

1lonewolf

Question

I got hurt while serving during the Gulf War. They performed reconstructive surgery on both of my Feet(screwed them Together) This has caused me allot of pain and an abnormal gait for all these years. Now I have misalignement and degenerative arthritis in both hips which also catch and pop out every so often. I also have Degenerative Disc Disease, Degenerative Arthritis, 5 bulging discs, a pinch sciatic nerve, and facet syndrome in my lower back. I never went to the VA for treatment for over 19 years other than in 1997 when one of my feet broke and they had to redo it. When My hips and back finally got so bad I could not manage it anymore with over the counter Motrin (Which also caused me to have Barrett's Espophagus). I started going to the VA again. All of my doctors from Podiatry to Ortho said the same thing. That my hips and my back were in the shape they are because of my abnormal gait all these years because I walk on my heels and the sides of my feet for obvious reasons. I am in constant pain and they have prescribed my morphine 60 mg a day and hyrdrocodone 10s 4 times a day. I have to go every 6 months for nerve burns in all five lower vertebra. I also take sleeping pills prescribed by them. I was told by all my doctors that this would only get worse with age and I am only 40 and can barely move now. There was however one very brash and rude older female doctor in Ortho who has always had an overall demeanor with me that my conditions are not related to walking on my heels and my abnormal gate. This is the same doctor who pushed bruised on me and sent my to Physical Therapy before she even knew what was wrong with my back or hips. She is also the Doctor who showed up to perform my C and P examination btw! I knew when I saw her that This was a waiste of my time and what she would do for my claim. Keep in mind that I was granted 10 percent for my right hip last Jan for Degenerative Arthritis and popping. This C and P exam was done by another Honest Doctor who followed procedure and code 38 regs. So here I am with the Doctor who treats all Vets like animals about to do a C and P exam on my back and left hip. She pulled the muscles in my right ribs during trunk rotation by grabbing my arm and extending me and she forced me to squat when I cannot and I cound not back up. Needless to say when I left I was hurting so bad I had to go home and take some med and lay down for a few hours. I hurt for over a week! I just got my claim back today and Not only was it denied but they took the 10 % away for my right hip. She wrote that my conditions were not related to abnormal gate. Not only that she answered the questions using her own opinion and not medical facts and did not even perform all the tests she was supposed to in accordance with the 38 references. They can do and put whatever they want and put your life on hold. Now I have to appeal. Gait causes all kinds of problems! You can find evidence to the contrary as she has but there is plenty of information all over the internet to prove that. It is common sense. Now here I am appealing because of one doctor who should not even have a job treating Vets they way she is. I feel everyones pain and wear ankle braces and walk on a cane both issued by the VAMC! The letter I got today should have been and would have been 100% if it had not been for her and her plight to disprove and mistreat all Vets she treats or examins! Now my life continues to be on hold thanks to her and I have lost everything and can barely walk. I am mad as hell right now and disgusted. All those years I tried my best to not go to the VA and now here I am almost crippled, in constant pain even with the meds they give me, and alone. I cannot work as I cannot sit, stand, walk, or even lay down for any period of time. I sleep very little even with sleeping pills they gave me, and I am denied and they even took the 10 % they gave me in Jan 09 for my right hip. I welcome any and all replies, support, and even guidance. I am at the end of my rope, have lost everything, and I am a former Executive that is penniless and virtually crippled at 40. I have listed my current conditions below and will start my appeals process Monday. If I could move or walk or sit or do anything I would go back to work but now I cannot!

Pes Planus with Plantar Fasciitis, Bilaterally 10 %

Right Hallux Valgus Post resection 10 %

Lef Hallux Valugus Post resection 10 %

a few other feet conditions and resections that go into the descriptions above.

degenerative Arthritis Right Hip 10 % (taken away and severed as of today by the VA)

degenerative Arthritis Left Hip Denied

Degenerative Disc Disease of spine Denied

5 Bulging Discs Denied

Pinched Sciatic Nerve

• Answers 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

They stated that they made a mistake when they awarded me on my hip and were severing it.

lone,

The above statement sounds to me like the VA has called an error on themselves

regarding the Rating Decision that granted SC for your hip.

If you actually do have the hip disability and the medical evidence for it, I would try

to keep it SC'd.

It would be good to re-look at the Rating decision that granted SC for your hip.

You can request a VARO hearing on this issue AND request no reduction in compensation

take place prior to the hearing, I suggest you do this in writing and keep a copy of it

for your records.

jmho,

carlie

It is my goal to get in my IME and request a reconsideration before my 60 day deadline. I have been told if I can accomplish this is should stop the severance of my hip rating and get my other Secondary S/C conditions rated and get my TDUI. Is this still how I should proceed. I have already scheduled the IME for this Saturday in Bethesda, Maryland. Please let me know if this sounds correct to everyone. Just want ot make sure. Should I do what you say below also in the interim? Just curious. Please let me know so I can do that asap.

From Military.com

New Military Family Assistance Trust Fund

Kentucky has introduced a new Military Family Assistance Trust Fund to provide assistance to all Kentucky Home of Record military members and dependents who are facing undue hardships caused by deployments outside of the United States.

Contact your nearest Kentucky Dept. of Veterans' Affairs Representative for more information.

lonewolf- ask about any assistance you might get during this trying time.

All the best!

kelly

Thank you guys once again. it is a travesty what we have to go through and I really appreciate everything. I will do whatever I can to help other Veterans as you guys have and or helping me. I will keep you posted!

Thank you guys once again. it is a travesty what we have to go through and I really appreciate everything. I will do whatever I can to help other Veterans as you guys have and or helping me. I will keep you posted!