VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

One More Slap In The Face

Rate this question

david walker

Question

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
I have been denied unemployment saying that i was discharged for misconduct because of my DWI. Any body know of anything I can do. This has bout finished me off.

Well, were you "discharged because of my DWI"? And, does such a discharge fall within the realm of your employer's discretion (in other words, does it follow "policy and procedures"?)?

IF so, then I'd have to consider either hiring legal representation.....................or, finding another job. And, quit drinkin and drivin!

• HadIt.com Elder

You might consider AA they can usually give you some insight into how to get help.

DW,

I know from past experience that we would always win an appeal for unemployment when the employee committed wilful misconduct.

I have also seen an employee save their job by going into rehab.

Bill

I have been denied unemployment saying that i was discharged for misconduct because of my DWI. Any body know of anything I can do. This has bout finished me off.

Are you unable to work?

Went to rehab day after the accident. Been sober since. Was sober nine years prior. Yes it goes against policy. Came back to work after rehab and they let me work for 2 months then told me to hit the road. Also told me I could sign up after I resigned. Resigning would be best. My boss forced me to ride with him a few times while he was drinking in a company car and I wasn't. Even went so far one time to say if i didn't want to drink i could sit in the car. Now thats a kinda sad funny. All my co-workers used some kinda med, was a big thing for them to share. But thats there problem not mine. I had to get out of there. That place was gonna kill me for sure. I'll never take another drink and can promise you that. I hate the stuff or what the stuff does to peoples (good peoples) lives if they let it. Nobodies fault but my own. But everybodies hurt. I am so sorry. I know why some never get sober, its alot easier than forgiveness and second chances and for some third & fourth and so on. Just pray for me.