VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Social Security

Rate this question

nsallies

Question

I wonder if I sent in my SS statement showing that I havent worked in 5 years along with all the applications and polite "no openings at this time" responses from employers would it help my TDIU claim?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Forgive me if I am totally off my medication really mess with my concentration plus I have cognitive problems but you stated:

I wonder if I sent in my SS statement showing that I haven't worked in 5 years along with all the applications and polite "no openings at this time" responses from employers would it help my TDIU claim?

Wouldn't this tell VA that you are actually looking for work but just have not found a job yet?

What applications and polite "no openings at this time" are you talking about? Are you looking for work or not? Are you on social security and looking for work? What type of social security statement are you talking about?

Edited by pacmanx1

• HadIt.com Elder

No!! "No openings" doesn't equate to you being unemployable, period.

pr

I wonder if I sent in my SS statement showing that I havent worked in 5 years along with all the applications and polite "no openings at this time" responses from employers would it help my TDIU claim?

Its just that I apply to all these places and they all respond "no positions available" but they still have the "now hiring"signs out and I see new faces so I know that they are hiring, just not hiring me. Walmart,Sears,Office Depot,McDonalds,Taco Bell..they all ask on the application (and its one of the first ten questions) "military affiliations" I click on Veteran..then they ask "are you a disabled veteran" do I have to answer this? It seems that it is not helping me get a job at all..and this is just the application I havent even been asked to an interview.

Sounds like to Pete and myself that you need to make a appointment with VR&E! They will help you find suitable employment based on your qualifications and your physical abilities!

Go here VR&E @ VA.GOV

B6

Edited by Bravo6

Its just that I apply to all these places and they all respond "no positions available" but they still have the "now hiring"signs out and I see new faces so I know that they are hiring, just not hiring me. Walmart,Sears,Office Depot,McDonalds,Taco Bell..they all ask on the application (and its one of the first ten questions) "military affiliations" I click on Veteran..then they ask "are you a disabled veteran" do I have to answer this? It seems that it is not helping me get a job at all..and this is just the application I havent even been asked to an interview.

It doesn't sound like you are unemployable. Rather you're just not qualified for the jobs you are applying for. This does not equate to IU, keep applying.

JMO,

Bergie