VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What's The Longest Wait You've Heard For Initial Ruling?

Rate this question

Quibley

Question

I filed my claim in April 2009. In January 2010, I was awarded 10% SC for tinnitus and my PTSD claim was deferred pending a C&P which I have completed.

For an initial determination, how much longer do you think I will have to wait?

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I thought the new relaxed rule for PTSD was in effect already? I did not think you had to still prove or verify stressors. If that is so Quibley should be home free. The delay to verify the stressor occurred before the rule change.

Yeah, Carlie, more waiting. I called 1-800 number they said I have been rated and am at final stage of authorization. Hurry up and wait....

Quib,

VA 101 - Don't put much stock into what the 800 # tells you - their main job is to answer

the phone lines and get you to hang up fairly quick.

There is no way I know of to accurately track claims - including ebenefits.

jmho

I thought the new relaxed rule for PTSD was in effect already? I did not think you had to still prove or verify stressors. If that is so Quibley should be home free. The delay to verify the stressor occurred before the rule change.

John, the new rule doesn't apply to me because my claim is based on PTSD secondary to personal assault.

Logged on to e-benefits just now and I'm out of the decision phase and into the authorization phase. No money deposited, though :( DAV NSO's secretary ( NSO's are gone because of the national convention) told me it's definitely sitting on a desk in authorization.

• HadIt.com Elder

Quibley not to bust your bubble but even denials have to be "authorized" you can't depend on anything until you get the award letter in your HAND everything on the phone or e mail is useless I have heard many times that the actual award "changed" from what the veteran was "told" with awards don't spend it before you see it sorry but they are not the most "trustworthy" people you will get told a lot of things to get you off the phone and you can't spend conversations wait until you get the check or deposit

Quibley not to bust your bubble but even denials have to be "authorized" you can't depend on anything until you get the award letter in your HAND everything on the phone or e mail is useless I have heard many times that the actual award "changed" from what the veteran was "told" with awards don't spend it before you see it sorry but they are not the most "trustworthy" people you will get told a lot of things to get you off the phone and you can't spend conversations wait until you get the check or deposit

Test, I fully expect to be denied and am eager to start the appeal process, but I can't do that until I get my denial. I understand what you mean, though. Thanks. My only reason for bringing up the non deposit was to confirm that I have been denied.

Quib

Edited by Quibley