VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Psoriasis

Rate this question

Fire Courage

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

My brother had a rating to 10%. Watch out if you also have arthritis.

I think that they rate by the amount of skin covered and what meds you are using. Don't overlook annual clothing allowance if your meds are greasy ort stain your clothes.

Has anyone gotten psoriasis service connected? Where can I find the rating schedule for it?

I am service connected at 60 percent for the psoriasis, 90 percent overall. 60 percent is the highest and requires immunosuppressive therapy or being covered in psoriatic lesions.

It has to have been diagnosed when the veteran was in.

Yes- many claims for this condition at the BVA:

http://www4.va.gov/vetapp10/files1/1001155.txt

the rating schedule is in this case. the vet was sced for psoriasis but denied higher rating.

7816 Psoriasis:

More than 40 percent of the entire body or more than 40 percent of exposed areas affected, or; constant or near-constant systemic therapy such as corticosteroids or other immunosuppressive drugs required during the past 12-month period

20 to 40 percent of the entire body or 20 to 40 percent of exposed areas affected, or; systemic therapy such as corticosteroids or other immunosuppressive drugs required for a total duration of six weeks or more, but not constantly, during the past 12-month period

At least 5 percent, but less than 20 percent, of the entire body, or at least 5 percent, but less than 20 percent, of exposed areas affected, or; intermittent systemic therapy such as corticosteroids or other immunosuppressive drugs required for a total duration of less than six weeks during the past 12-month period

Less than 5 percent of the entire body or exposed areas affected, and; no more than topical therapy required during the past 12-month period

Or rate as disfigurement of the head, face, or neck (DC 7800) or scars (DC's 7801, 7802, 7803, 7804, or 7805), depending upon the predominant disability.