VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Health Care

Rate this topic

Have prostate cancer with having surgery, radiation, hormonal therapy. Noticed some blood in my urine which could be from radiation or could be bladder cancer. Went to my clinic and they took a urine sample and took x-ray. That was a week ago and have not heard anything. I went for a consult with an urologist but never got one. This has happened before and I went to the patient advocate but do I need to do this again. I just want to find out what is going on with the bleeding. They are so busy there that you can't make an appointment so you have to go and wait all day. Guess I should go back tomorrow and wait all day again and hope I can get a consult with a urologist.

Thanks,

Cuchi

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Get with the patient advocate. If they can't get you in to see a urologist today, I would escalate this to the VAMC Director.

Take a printed copy of the VA Patients Rights document with you. Here's a link:

http://www.patientadvocate.va.gov/rights.asp

"Section III: You have the right to have your pain assessed and to receive treatment to manage your pain. You and your treatment team will develop a pain management plan together. You are expected to help the treatment team by telling them if you have pain and if the treatment is working."

Don't let them brush you off. Don't let them schedule you for next Tuesday.

Have prostate cancer with having surgery, radiation, hormonal therapy. Noticed some blood in my urine which could be from radiation or could be bladder cancer. Went to my clinic and they took a urine sample and took x-ray. That was a week ago and have not heard anything. I went for a consult with an urologist but never got one. This has happened before and I went to the patient advocate but do I need to do this again. I just want to find out what is going on with the bleeding. They are so busy there that you can't make an appointment so you have to go and wait all day. Guess I should go back tomorrow and wait all day again and hope I can get a consult with a urologist.

Thanks,

Cuchi

Why don't you go to the VAMC Emergency Department. They can make the referal for Urology and if necessary they can admit you to the hospital.

JMO,

Bergie