VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Near Augusta Ga Vamc

I sent this news item to tbird already:

Tbird,

I'm just the messenger, but I heard something on the news this morning regarding a proposed home for homeless veterans, I believe near an existing large building near the Charlie Norwood VAMC in Augusta, GA. I can't find it yet on their website or in the local newspaper, the Augusta Chronicle, or the other affiliates yet. The "Uptown VA" in the following report is the Charlie Norwood VAMC in Augusta, Georgia, off of Wrightsboro Road. This short report doesn't go into whether the VA, itself, is behind the plan.

From NBC Augusta, Channel 26, Morning News, April 21, 2010:

"Last night Augusta commissioners put talks on hold for a project that would provide a home to homeless veterans. Commissioners heard plans to re-construct an old building for homeless veterans on Maryland Avenue, near the Uptown VA. But some neighbors oppose the plan. Opponents say the area already has too much traffic and the plan could pose a safety issue for children.A decision should be made by the commission at their next meeting which is in two weeks."

Edited by out_here04

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/governme...ed?v=1271806197

an Augusta Chronicle story on the issue.

I sent this news item to tbird already:

Tbird,

I'm just the messenger, but I heard something on the news this morning regarding a proposed home for homeless veterans, I believe near an existing large building near the Charlie Norwood VAMC in Augusta, GA. I can't find it yet on their website or in the local newspaper, the Augusta Chronicle, or the other affiliates yet. The "Uptown VA" in the following report is the Charlie Norwood VAMC in Augusta, Georgia, off of Wrightsboro Road. This short report doesn't go into whether the VA, itself, is behind the plan.

From NBC Augusta, Channel 26, Morning News, April 21, 2010:

"Last night Augusta commissioners put talks on hold for a project that would provide a home to homeless veterans. Commissioners heard plans to re-construct an old building for homeless veterans on Maryland Avenue, near the Uptown VA. But some neighbors oppose the plan. Opponents say the area already has too much traffic and the plan could pose a safety issue for children.A decision should be made by the commission at their next meeting which is in two weeks."

• HadIt.com Elder

A motion to delay.... Good luck ATL.

• HadIt.com Elder

the area is near the old VA hospital just a block or two away and is within walking distance of daniel village shopping etc buses etc a great place for a homeless center except for the NIMBY's anywhere but my back yard