VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical Appointment = Disturbing Experience

Rate this topic

carlie,

Thanks for the insights. I have been in contact with a patient rep and will writte a letter to the VAMC director. But I believe a legal action is necessary, maybe the FTC is a misnomer for such situation/case. But there has to be some legal and court resource, after all we do not live in North Korea, constitutional and individual rights are taken seriously.

tk

tk,

I never thought this was for a C&P exam.

The VAMC's and CBOC's are just like SSA and private sector medical providers,

some are good and some just plain suck.

carlie

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are not alone. I have been through hell and I am now having to fight a denial even though several other Doctors in my VA medical records have diagnosed my conditions. I have been injured twice by this Ortho Doctor during my eval and and during an initial examination previous to that. I am glad I read your post as now I know what I need to do and have momentum to do so. I did not want to VA to view me as a disgruntled Vet who has been denied but the fact is if I do not speak up then this will continue with other vets. I am asking for a reconsideration based on my medical records and I am also trying to get the money together to seek an IMO even though my SC secondary conditions are diagnosed in my records everywhere. It is a sad shame that Doctors like this exist within the VA but I am beginning to think that the VA likes them even if they have a bad rep and multiple complaints against them. They crush everyone who crosses their path on claims and force SC Vets to fight for what they should have gotten without hassle to begin with. Maybe this is common place as it saves the VA money in the long run by getting Vets to give up. If this is not the case then someone tell me why they keep these type of Doctors on staff, especially for long periods, when they have multiple complaints against them and a reputation with patients for being rough and nasty. I have giving advice on this forum that if I asked for a new evaluation that most likely the Doctor who does it will be biased by what the previous Doctor has done so now I have to get an IMO and I also have to fight for SC conditions that they are trying to sever because of this bad evaluation by a bad Doctor! I will keep viewing your post for inspiration!

Thank you for your kind words! It is certainly true they keep such physicians in their staff because it is convinent for them saving money in the long run. I wish you the best of luck with your claims!

You are not alone. I have been through hell and I am now having to fight a denial even though several other Doctors in my VA medical records have diagnosed my conditions. I have been injured twice by this Ortho Doctor during my eval and and during an initial examination previous to that. I am glad I read your post as now I know what I need to do and have momentum to do so. I did not want to VA to view me as a disgruntled Vet who has been denied but the fact is if I do not speak up then this will continue with other vets. I am asking for a reconsideration based on my medical records and I am also trying to get the money together to seek an IMO even though my SC secondary conditions are diagnosed in my records everywhere. It is a sad shame that Doctors like this exist within the VA but I am beginning to think that the VA likes them even if they have a bad rep and multiple complaints against them. They crush everyone who crosses their path on claims and force SC Vets to fight for what they should have gotten without hassle to begin with. Maybe this is common place as it saves the VA money in the long run by getting Vets to give up. If this is not the case then someone tell me why they keep these type of Doctors on staff, especially for long periods, when they have multiple complaints against them and a reputation with patients for being rough and nasty. I have giving advice on this forum that if I asked for a new evaluation that most likely the Doctor who does it will be biased by what the previous Doctor has done so now I have to get an IMO and I also have to fight for SC conditions that they are trying to sever because of this bad evaluation by a bad Doctor! I will keep viewing your post for inspiration!

• HadIt.com Elder
I don't know about all that, but I do know that if you had used the word "such" one more time, in your attempt to appear "lawyerly", I was gonna reach through your computer screen and choke the daylights outta you.

Such is life, LarryJ.... Just going to a VAMC triggers my PTSD.