VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Had C & P Exam

Rate this question

slangpdx

Question

I had my exam for SC psych problems this week. I am feeling very apprehensive as the reviewer seemed to be very biased. They did not take many or any notes on all the things I was talking about to support my case, did not note that a civilian pscy I was referred to had been located and mailed a letter. When I referred to what appeared to be about seven pages of mental health visits in my records they said 'they didn't make many notes' - of course not, since these were two-striper technicians for the most part, and not modern doctors dictating reports.

Near the end of the exam I mentioned something about a friend that had nothing to do with my family history and they noted it apparently in relation to alcoholism in family, then got up and left the room to indicate that the meeting was over.

Can I get a copy of whatever report they write? I was told by my vet rep at the state office of vet affairs that we can review the exam and request another if it was not done properly.

• Answers 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

One hint: Don't mention alcoholism or drug addiction at a c&p exam. Don't mention police records, fights, problems with authority, school problems or family problems. These are all things the VA uses to label you as a PD.

Hmmmmm...I wonder if they'll deny my claim if I go a BJ! hahaha

"problems with authority"

hahaha...Well, the nimrods at the VA consider themselves as Authoritative, that's why I'm always denied.

Honestly folks, you should see some of my 4138s'! I'm definitely not afraid to speak my mind. :D

• HadIt.com Elder
Hello again my fellow Veterans!

----------------------------------

A few days later, a young man (Scott from W.Virgina AMC) called me and asked why I refused the C&P? He was Polite, Courteous, Professional, and most importantly Personal, when I described my reasons. He related with me,

Yesterday, 4/29, I called the 800 number, to inquire on Scotts response the other day, regarding no ortho doctors in my area, because I had found an Orthopedic doctor, who conducts occasional C&P exams, and he's not far at all.

Just out of the blue, I asked the telephone rep to read me what Scott had written...The lady responded with:

"Veteran refused C&P because he wanted to see an Ortho doctor."

OK...on the surface this is somewhat what I expected. In continuing...

"When I (Scott) inquired with the Local Clinic, they responded that their doctors are well qualified in this field."

I went OFF!!!

Welcome to the real world at the VA.... Even if BOZO the Clown shows up to give you a C&P exam. Don't be a "No Show". Again,... do not miss the C&P exam!!! You can sort it out later. Unless you don't really want to prevail.

post-4811-1272669946_thumb.jpg

Edited by Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder
Hollywood

I agree with everything you say except you must attend the C&P exam. If the exam is bogus then you get your own doctors to refute it. If you skip the exam the VA will deny your claim. That is a given.

******************DITO*******************

post-4811-1272670880_thumb.jpg

Edited by Commander Bob

Hollywood

I agree with everything you say except you must attend the C&P exam. If the exam is bogus then you get your own doctors to refute it. If you skip the exam the VA will deny your claim. That is a given.

Hi John!

"If the exam is bogus then you get your own doctors to refute it."

I did.

This new Clown & Peon exam was orchestrated by some jagoff who threw me a trump card, after I told them to resolve my claim within 60 days or I start with rallying the Veterans for a class action.

What's odd about this, is that I had a C&P at the local clinic in June 2009. Why am I having to go to another?

This time, I'm going to a C&P with an Orthopedic doctor examining me.

• HadIt.com Elder
Hi John!

I start with rallying the Veterans for a class action.

LOL. Sorry, but the vets don't rally that easy. I have been on the committees of many "Rally the Troops" projects, over the last 40 years. Good Luck!!!

Just go to the C&P exam and complain about it later.

Edited by Commander Bob

Welcome to the real world at the VA.... Even if BOZO the Clown shows up to give you a C&P exam. Don't be a "No Show". Again,... do not miss the C&P exam!!! You can sort it out later. Unless you don't really want to prevail.

hahahahaha...Hello Commander!

Love the pic of a clown...and it kind of reminds me of the last dingbat that examined me.

"You can sort it out later. Unless you don't really want to prevail."

I do want to prevail, but as I'm sure you are aware, 35+ years of negative notes in your file, can be quite impossible to get any doctor to listen to you.

They all review what was said prior to your visit, and it appears that they just utilize their own wording in rendering their opinion.

The last Clown that examined me, threw in a really damning comment, when she said that she didn't understand how I was awarded a disability rating to begin with?!

This pissed me the hell off! I went in with pins in my hip, they accepted me with such, I injured myself while on active duty, and they discharged me in worst condition, than when I went in. One pin penetrated the joint space, I had arthritic conditions and atrophy.

So, you see, the VA is not thinking of my best interest in mind. They are desperately trying to deny rather than approve. You know THIS to be FACT.

Look how many others are going through the same bullsh*t on this board? It is quite depressing to see what others are going through here. I grit my teeth with some of the stories here.

One last thing here...

If the VA sees that no one is willing to step up and do something, then it's business as usual with these scumbags!

Look at the sh*t that I went through in this past month with this lying SOB! That's proof right there.

They want us to give up. That's why they do what they do.