VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Had C & P Exam

Rate this question

slangpdx

Question

I had my exam for SC psych problems this week. I am feeling very apprehensive as the reviewer seemed to be very biased. They did not take many or any notes on all the things I was talking about to support my case, did not note that a civilian pscy I was referred to had been located and mailed a letter. When I referred to what appeared to be about seven pages of mental health visits in my records they said 'they didn't make many notes' - of course not, since these were two-striper technicians for the most part, and not modern doctors dictating reports.

Near the end of the exam I mentioned something about a friend that had nothing to do with my family history and they noted it apparently in relation to alcoholism in family, then got up and left the room to indicate that the meeting was over.

Can I get a copy of whatever report they write? I was told by my vet rep at the state office of vet affairs that we can review the exam and request another if it was not done properly.

• Answers 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Carlie,

I just wanted to respond to a few of your issues, and I will attempt to do so in a civil manner...

#1) If you haven't noticed, many members here are also disgusted with the DVA.

Most of them are also not right out of the starting gate, they too have been fighting

for their benefits for years.

I HAVE noticed that most members on here are disgusted with this agency, however it appears that nothing is getting done by just following their rules. I've seen countless amounts of stories that depict that the DVA is BROKEN. So, with your logic of following rules and regs, how is the veteran best served?

And what...I just started with this procedure???

#2)Stop all of your consistent cursing ! A hell or a damned is one thing, but

enough already.

Until recently, I haven't really used any colorful metaphors! It appears that you are the only one that has mentioned anything about this. If you insist, I don't have to come on here and try to help out others? It also appears that there aren't a hell of a lot of old posters that I am familiar with...just those with 'Moderator' status...hmmm...were they displeased at my cursing to?

Let me fill you in on something here...

We ALL have rights to express ourselves as we see fit! You, nor anyone else has the right to deny me that right.

My (as you call it 'Cursing') wasn't really that severe enough to warrant this sort of response.

TRUE...I'm angry...we all are and yes, I express myself in a fashion unlike a religious individual would.

#3)For another thing, (although it isn't against Hadits few rules), is that you've certainly

jumped into someone else's topic thread and torn it to pieces.

Usually members start their own topic thread with their question or info., especially

if it's a rant.

Oh please...I never torn threads to pieces! Now you're reaching to just push me off this board. At least tell me that you don't want me on this board anymore...I'll comply. Rant? hahaha...Isn't the name of this board HAD-IT?

Aren't people supposed to RANT and voice their anger with this stupid ass agency?

#4)NO - You DO NOT have "The right to see a doctor of your choice, for a C&P",

The DVA is paying for the C&P they order, of their choice as a part of their DTA.

If the DVA doesn't get the right exam or rates on an inadequate C&P exam, well

then the poor old vet usually can't fight it much without an IMO/IME, or taking it

to BVA or CAVC.

REALLY??? Then explain why I have accomplished just this? (seeing a doctor of my choice). Funny, but I DID accomplish this! I accomplished this on Monday. Your logic is to see a doctor that has no knowledge of your condition, and deal with it till later? You go ahead and do just that. Advise others to do the same, while you're at it!

#5)Granted...I like to go after the DVA, in a way that my be intimidating to others, but how else are we

supposed to change things if we don't act on the violations that we here are complaining about?!

hollywoodnc,

Do you honestly think you intimidate the DVA ?"

NO...not INTIMIDATE. YES...to changing how business is conducted. At least I'm sticking my neck out to try to change things; What are YOU doing? Advising people not to come on this board and curse?

WOW...what a contribution to assisting Veterans!

#6)Even though a few of you saw recent posts regarding my refusal to attend a C&P exam, there was a few things

which a majority of you missed...

#1) The right to see a doctor of your choice, for a C&P, that possesses the knowledge of your ailments...

#2) Obtain an IMO to controvert what a VA doctor has stated...

If you want,"The right to see a doctor of your choice", then as posted earlier, you go and get

an IMO/IME, and pay for it.

Most of us here have been broke as heck and prioritized our finances quarter by quarter

to get IMO/IME's.

This shows that you decided to attack me in Anger Mode. I said the same thing that you said only you were in Anger Mode.

You just assumed to grab as much as you can, to attack what I said. Hmmmm!?

The only difference is when I received a letter ordering me to attend a C&P, at first, I didn't want to attend, but then decided that this could conceivably work in my favor, if I saw an Ortho doc.

TRUE it is expensive to see a doctor (IMO), however there are ways that you can see one without having to pay. But, since you're so hell bent on attacking me, and hoping that I cancel my membership, I'll let you figure that out for yourself!

#3) Do NOT MISS THE C&P EXAM...

Normally, I couldn't agree more with this statement, yet no one here realizes what orchestrated my particular C&P exam. If you review a particular post, I had stated that roughly a year earlier (June 2009) I already attended a C&P exam. What orchestrated THIS C&P was my threatening letter to Regional Counsel, to resolve this claim within 60 days, or I rally the Veterans to partake in a Class Action.

hollywoodnc,

The Regional Counsel, The General Council,and the DVA are in no way threatened by any

letter/s you write them.

They will however, send people knocking on your door if you make physical threats.

They do not give a rats behind if you want to rally the troops and file a Class Action Suit,

all that means to them is the lawyers on their payrolls will finally have to do a little work for

their money.

Again...you are in Anger Mode with your illogical statement, where as you assume that I threatened them! YES, I DID threaten them with a CLASS ACTION. This is NOT considered as a THREAT (as YOU interpreted it). No law is violated in my communique to the DVA!

I NEVER made any Threats on this board, meaning to inflict harm. You show paranoia, with threats, as if I were making Terrorist threats. This is clearly a MIS-interpretation and only by YOU. So, I advise you choose your words carefully.

Conclusion...

Your negative response regarding my posts clearly sends a message...that you no longer want me here.

FINE, I don't have to post anything further on this board. I'm viewed as a Cursing Ranter, who rips apart other peoples threads and I'm not allowed to voice my opinion, assist people with techniques that worked for me, share my physical problems along with what works for me, or offer my sympathies for those who share what we are all going through.

In the past few days, others here have "Ganged Up" on me condemning what I had said. My actions that I take against the DVA are not only heartfelt for Veterans, but will (hopefully) force change, so we ALL benefit.

Your advise appears to be in favor of the DVA with the advise that you render. Granted...you offer good advise, but with the way that the DVA plays the game. Even though that's acceptable at this time, it cannot continue this way. When people, such as myself come on here with trying to change the stupid ways that things are done, or telling people to write elected officials, etc., you view me as a rebel against the system. when it comes to violating Civil Rights, Constitutional Rights, and basic US Code, you damn right I'm going to stand up!

Your contentment with the way that the DVA operates is quite disturbing to say the least. You are afraid to change the DVA. Sure it's intimidating to take on the system, but you must realize that Veterans are getting shafted daily, they are dying (needlessly no less), and our Constitutional Rights are violated daily! This cannot, and will not continue on my watch.

So Carlie, if you want to sit on your ass (oops...my civility has just left the room), and advise people on what to say, and how to say it and it makes you feel superior, you go right ahead! Do whatever trips your trigger.

As far as I'm concerned, my future on this board was decided upon when we were in disagreement regarding C&P.

So...have a good life and find those other Vets with an attitude problem, and get them off the board, before they curse & tear up your precious threads!

Bye & Kiss my Ass (Goddamnit SHIT...there's that cursing again!) :rolleyes:

BTW...I'm CANCELING my membership! :D :D

Edited by hollywoodnc

• HadIt.com Elder

Hollywood:

You will be welcome back. If you review the problem is that you ar not feeling well. Moderators try to steer before they act unless the posts are to far out of line.

As a Moderator I have to think about all the Members and also how Tbird feels about it. We are mostly trying to stop cat fights between members or trying to protect when the advice given is out of line.

I cannot tell you how many times I have asked Members not to do something or cool their jets when I agreed with them 100%.

I hope that you do come back I have seen you come a long way.

Pete