VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Do We Do Now?

Rate this question

seapup

Question

My husband had a C&P exam for his eyes in Feb. for service connected ptergyium. The Dr. examined him and told him his eyes were worse. We rec'd his decision the other day and an increase was denied. We went to the VA to get a copy of the C&P report as we were confused by the Dr. stating his eyes were worse but in the letter from decision board said his sight was a little better. When we went to the VA to get the report there was no record of it in the computer. I called the C&P department and they told us that the report was in the Denver office waiting to be reviewed for decision. I told the lady that a decision had already been made and it was denied. We were told to call back on Monday to talk with a supervisor to get a copy of the report. We are confused as to what we are suppose to do now....do we go see a VA rep, refile the claim, call the Denver center and ask questions or what???? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit. Probably need to hold off and review the C&P. You can ask for a Hearing which can help.

Good Luck

Pete's right-you need a copy of the exact C & P results.

Sometimes a C & P doc says one thing during the exam but documents something different to the VA.

Sometimes the VA manipulates the exam to deny the claim.

You might consider finding a vet rep with an office in or near this VARO.

VA left out in a decision -the final statement of a C & P doc once -regarding an old claim I had.

What they left out was crucial to the decision and I sent the actual report to them as rebuttal.

They can manipulate C & P results hoping we dont get the actual C & P ourselves.

I feel they should send these C & P exams attached to every SOC. Many vets dont even know they can get them.

• HadIt.com Elder

I am in agreement with Pete and Berta. Get your copy of the C&P. Find yourself a veterans service officer:

Division of Veterans Affairs Office

7465 East 1st Ave

Unit C

Denver, CO 80230

Phone: (303) 343-1268

Fax: (303) 343-7238

Then file a request for a review. Use a form 21-4138:

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-4138-ARE.pdf

And, just state on this form that you would like to request an informal review of the decision and include a copy of the C&P. BUT, DO NOT let the one year clock run out on you filing a FORMAL NOD (Notice of Disagreement).

Take, send (mail it, return receipt requested) and FAX, to your VA Regional Office. If you take it, and I would, request that they provide you with a date stamped copy for your records.

It's time to play Professional Ball with these folks.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

The C&P office at my VAMC told me that the docs have 10 business days to complete the C&P exam report. Sometimes they finish it earlier than that, depending on the circumstances. This gives them time to dig through your C-file and medical and prescription records.

My husband had a C&P exam for his eyes in Feb. for service connected ptergyium. The Dr. examined him and told him his eyes were worse. We rec'd his decision the other day and an increase was denied. We went to the VA to get a copy of the C&P report as we were confused by the Dr. stating his eyes were worse but in the letter from decision board said his sight was a little better. When we went to the VA to get the report there was no record of it in the computer. I called the C&P department and they told us that the report was in the Denver office waiting to be reviewed for decision. I told the lady that a decision had already been made and it was denied. We were told to call back on Monday to talk with a supervisor to get a copy of the report. We are confused as to what we are suppose to do now....do we go see a VA rep, refile the claim, call the Denver center and ask questions or what???? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

seapup,

Please post exactly what is stated in the Reasons and Bases Section, without personal info. like

name, SS #, etc...

What is his current 40 % SC for ?

carlie