VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gulf War Exam

Rate this question

pamelab

Question

Is there anyone on here that has had a gulf war compensation and pension exam? if so, what does it consist of? Does it involve fibromyalgia, irritable bowel, depression exams or what? I have a c & P exam coming up in May. This is my very first exam. I'm hoping to get a rating. I currently receive nsc pension rated at 90% . I also have a diagnosed of fibromyalgia, irritable bowel and major depression disorder. I have other symptoms as well trouble sleeping i am on 150mg of trazadone, i have dizziness to the point where i have fallen in the past. Everything that is on the checklist for symptoms I have. I also have a nexus letter from my primary care physician stating in her medical opionion it is more likely than not that my conditions had their due to my military service. I had gotten ill while on active in Saudi Arabia with upper respiratory infections, body aches and when i got back stateside i started with the diarrhea and vomiting i loss a considerable amount of weight because of it. So hopefully i will get a rating of considerable %. Any feedback is welcome.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I also have a nexus letter from my primary care physician stating in her medical opionion it is more likely than not that my conditions had their due to my military service.

Hopefully, this will be reviewed by the C & P doctor and it would be enough for them to agree and state on your C & P exam that it is as least likely or not related to your military service. Then gives the rationale that your symptoms began in service and then VA can award you service connection.

As Always Hope the Best

Is there anyone on here that has had a gulf war compensation and pension exam? if so, what does it consist of? Does it involve fibromyalgia, irritable bowel, depression exams or what? I have a c & P exam coming up in May. This is my very first exam. I'm hoping to get a rating. I currently receive nsc pension rated at 90% . I also have a diagnosed of fibromyalgia, irritable bowel and major depression disorder. I have other symptoms as well trouble sleeping i am on 150mg of trazadone, i have dizziness to the point where i have fallen in the past. Everything that is on the checklist for symptoms I have. I also have a nexus letter from my primary care physician stating in her medical opionion it is more likely than not that my conditions had their due to my military service. I had gotten ill while on active in Saudi Arabia with upper respiratory infections, body aches and when i got back stateside i started with the diarrhea and vomiting i loss a considerable amount of weight because of it. So hopefully i will get a rating of considerable %. Any feedback is welcome.

I served in Desert Storm / Shield and was diagnosed with FMS, IBS, depression and Generalized Anxiety Disorder...all of which I have been service connected.

It is VERY IMPORTANT that you read up and learn as much as you can about FMS and IBS, if you have not done so already. The more knowledge you have the better you will be able to communicate to the C&P examiner.

You also need to make it a point that the FMS and IBS are separate conditions, not overlapping or bundled as a part of the FMS diagnosis.

When I got my first rating back in the late 90s, the VA gave me 20% for FMS with IBS lumped into it. That 20% was based on a differentiation of episodic and chronic FMS; the regulations were outdated (and may be still, haven't checked lately). There is no such thing as episodic FMS medically, as it is a chronic condition. Also, IBS coexists with FMS, but they are separate medical conditions. I appealed this and it took me 5 years to do it, but I beat two regional offices on this at the BVA.

I once took Trazadone too, for years, but my mind became used to it and had to change to Zolpidem, which works with Gabepetin for reducing the back pain and keeps me from tossing and turning all night.

Also, if the psychologist hasn't made a specific reference to your sleep disturbance as being directly linked or part of your depression, argue to have that separated too. I did and the BVA also ruled in my favor.

It's all in how how communicate your experiences with your conditions to the C&P examiner and how you provide written NOD and appeals to the VA; the better argument prevails with the evidence to substantiate it.

T.S.