VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd

Rate this question

Humble18C

Question

I haven't seen very many posts from combat soldiers. I submitted the VA PTSD form with two stressors; incident reports depicting the firefights, Bronze Star Valor with narrative description of actions on the objective and the Purple Heart. I have a CIB from previous action. Is this what the VA needs to validate a claim? Any idea of what I should expect from here going forward?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It sounds like your stressor requirement has been met, so now it's just how much your PTSD creates problems in your daily life. Some folks think the more severe the stressor (ie; combat) the higher the rating but that really has nothing to do w/it.

pr

I haven't seen very many posts from combat soldiers. I submitted the VA PTSD form with two stressors; incident reports depicting the firefights, Bronze Star Valor with narrative description of actions on the objective and the Purple Heart. I have a CIB from previous action. Is this what the VA needs to validate a claim? Any idea of what I should expect from here going forward?

11b here and waiting for my cnp to go through to. but with out your ribbions....u should get something. ive noticed a lot of pogs on here to. i was in iraq 04-05 oif II. i have a cnp exam the 4th, i dont think its gonna go well bcuz i dont have a ptsd dx. every dr i talked to said i have symptoms of ptsd even though now i have chronic insomnia now after iraq.. but the the one that really counted said there was no evidince of ptsd even though i was "suffering" she said. but u shoiuld be good mate...

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have to go to a civilian doctor to get the PTSD DX then do it. Tell the doctor what you are trying to accomplish. I have done this often in the past where the VA refused to make credible ratings. A combat vet who has insomnia sounds like someone who is suffering stress and anxiety. This is a no brainer. Insomnia and hypervigilence go together and that is PTSD along with flashbacks. The VA may be trying to avoid the DX because they know it will cost them.

• HadIt.com Elder

Greetings 'HumbleC'....Did you submit a VA Form 21-4138? You should expect a C&P exam for PTSD and TBI. Then you should expect at least a 90 day wait, if your lucky.

Did you receive a medical disability rating from the military before you got out?

Are you receiving help now?

Hey team, thanks for the responses and insight. I have never claimed anything with the VA. I just came off active duty, and during the out-processing they had a Vet-Rep who initiated this. QTC has been setting up appointments for me. I filled out the PTSD form and sent it back to the VA. The other day I had an appointment for a TBI and at that time the Doc said she was giving me a referral for PTSD. In a firefight, I had an RPG blow up 10 feet from me sending a piece of schrapnel into my Kevlar and knocking down; which is why they set me up with the TBI appointment. I gave the doc a copy of the casualty feeder card from when we returned to base. The feeder card gave the grid of the incident and stated I had a mild concussion and baro-trauma due to being hit with schrapnel.