VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does Va Offer Ilp To Vets Who Aren't Housebound?

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Did anyone miss my questions? :D Here is one.

How does the VA really determine the Vet who can benefit from Independent Living Program? For thoughts, if a vet is mobile-or-house restricted granting ILP should be a no brainer. But what about the vet that can drive, but struggles with depression and other mental health challenges, ptsd or anxiety disorders? what about if the vet is married, in a family but just doesn't have other freindships? Is the program a possibility?

I looked at the application & regulations last year, just don't know if theres a chance.

Thanks for reading,

Just your freindly, yee-haw, ]

Hadit Cowgirl ~ !

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Hey Cowgirl,

The answer to your question is yes. My husband is 100% without housebound,, and is currently going through the ILP program through voc rehab.

You just need to apply for Voc Rehab.

You will go through several tests, and if they determine that you are not eligible for retraining for work (i.e. 100% PTSD like my husband) then they enter you into the ILP. But you have to go through VOC REHAB for them to make that determination. TEsts include vocational skills test, physical capability, mental aptitude and psych profiling.

It can take a while, Good Luck

Did anyone miss my questions? :D Here is one.

How does the VA really determine the Vet who can benefit from Independent Living Program? For thoughts, if a vet is mobile-or-house restricted granting ILP should be a no brainer. But what about the vet that can drive, but struggles with depression and other mental health challenges, ptsd or anxiety disorders? what about if the vet is married, in a family but just doesn't have other freindships? Is the program a possibility?

I looked at the application & regulations last year, just don't know if theres a chance.

Thanks for reading,

Just your freindly, yee-haw, ]

Hadit Cowgirl ~ !

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you for the response, I am blessed but will always be in mental health 'recovery'. I put on a 'good face' when in public, but have little personal interaction aside from husband and kiddos. Thinking with ILP may help get a fresh start doing something.

wink.gif

Edited by cowgirl