VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tinnituis

Rate this question

Norman

Question

I got rated 10% for tinnitus, but the VA told me some junk about it wouldn't be added on to my already 50% service connection for fibromyalgia. I called down to the VA in Nashville, TN and some woman told me about the pyramid system or something. That I am service connected for the 10%, but won't recieve any increase in my monthly check. I went to a friends house last night and His wife looked it up and said the vA won't give you extra comp if it is related to something that you are already recieving compensation for. How is tinnitus connected to Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? Can somebody explain this mess to me?

Norm

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Lots to explain but whoever you talked to is an idiot.

VA Math 50% Service Connection is subtracted from 100% and 50% not service connected times 10% new award gives you 5%

The 5% is added to your 50% which gives you 55% which should be rounded to 60%.

My recommendation is to go to your VA Medical Center and sign in and talk to a BVA Benefits Councilor and hopefully they can fix it for you. If the VA Regional Office is close go to it and do the same thing.

Good Luck and welcome to Hadit

Norman,

I have moved your post to the Claims/Benefits Research Forum.

My guess is the 10 percent granted for Tinnitus has been added

to your 50 percent already SC'd and with VA math, it doesn't

raise your percentage enough for additional compensation.

jmho,

carlie

Lots to explain but whoever you talked to is an idiot.

VA Math 50% Service Connection is subtracted from 100% and 50% not service connected times 10% new award gives you 5%

The 5% is added to your 50% which gives you 55% which should be rounded to 60%.

My recommendation is to go to your VA Medical Center and sign in and talk to a BVA Benefits Councilor and hopefully they can fix it for you. If the VA Regional Office is close go to it and do the same thing.

Good Luck and welcome to Hadit

Did you mean a DAV rep, I have never heard of a BVA Benefits Counselor? And thanks for your help to begin with.

Norman

Norman do not feel singled out in this VA Math. I started at 60% the went to a DRO and was granted 20% pending a QTC severity exam. That 20% raised my compensation rate $0.00 and remained at 60%. Thae rating would have to doto 30% to raise my disability to 70%. Still it was worth it to get it SC'ed for the future, but as it stands we are in the same boat, I am sure there are plenty others.

Use the VA math calculator on this page above and check for yourself. Go from worse to least when adding items in the calculator.

Norman do not feel singled out in this VA Math. I started at 60% the went to a DRO and was granted 20% pending a QTC severity exam. That 20% raised my compensation rate $0.00 and remained at 60%. Thae rating would have to doto 30% to raise my disability to 70%. Still it was worth it to get it SC'ed for the future, but as it stands we are in the same boat, I am sure there are plenty others.

Use the VA math calculator on this page above and check for yourself. Go from worse to least when adding items in the calculator.

oh brother I know there are thousands of people going through the same thing and I called my Congressman Phil Roe and He doesn't even understand it, but I can guarantee you one thing. I won't give up the fight, that's what they want you to do!!

Semper Fi,

Norman

• HadIt.com Elder

Actually there is such a thing as a VA Benefit Councilor. They are at the VARO's and usually at VAMC's you have to ask to find them as they are sheepish little critters who worry about Veterans.

Its their job to help you in situations like you have now.

Good Luck