VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is Anyone Else Using The Va Ebenefits Site Yet?

Rate this question

Bill (USAF Retired)

Question

I happened across this during my online wanderings, and it's awesome.

http://www.ebenefits.va.gov allows me to check my VA claim status, check my VA pay status for disability compensation, GI Bill and voc rehab, pull a home loan eligibility certificate, pull a copy of my Air Force service record (I'm retired), and other stuff. I've been kicking the tires on this for an hour or so.

Bill

• Answers 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Just tried to register for level 1 access, but for some reason, I am no longer in DEERS. Will have to call their toll free number to find out what went wrong.

From what I can tell, this looks pretty cool.

Okay dumb question. How do you gain access to DEERS? Is there an application I missed?

Bill,

I was pleasantly surprised to see that it had more (dunno if "better") info than the 800 number could give out. We'll see what happens in 16 to 27 days, hah!

Thad49

Next Steps: Your claim is currently located with our rating activity. We will review it to make sure... we have everything we need to make an informed decision. If we have everything we need, we will prepare a proposed decision on your claim.

The length of time it takes to complete the Decision Phase depends on several factors, such as the type of claim filed, complexity of your disability(ies), the number of disabilities you claim, and the availability of evidence needed to decide your claim. The Decision Phase is completed on most claims between 16 and 27 days. The number of days provided is a national average of time claims spend in the Decision phase based on data at the end of February 2010. Please be advised that a claim may take longer in this phase based on the specifics of your claim.

I have never heard of this site, but have signed up for it. I could not get level one, so I have to wait and get an ID and password in the snail mail.

Papa