VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is Anyone Else Using The Va Ebenefits Site Yet?

Rate this question

Bill (USAF Retired)

Question

I happened across this during my online wanderings, and it's awesome.

http://www.ebenefits.va.gov allows me to check my VA claim status, check my VA pay status for disability compensation, GI Bill and voc rehab, pull a home loan eligibility certificate, pull a copy of my Air Force service record (I'm retired), and other stuff. I've been kicking the tires on this for an hour or so.

Bill

• Answers 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Hedgey,

That's good info! I am going to call a couple of those numbers to see what they say about me not appearing in the system.

It's also nice to know that we can use the MyHealthEvet site for something other than refilling prescriptions....

Thank you for visiting eBenefits Portal. The Portal is not available now. We are making changes and expect to be ready for your login very soon.

I happened across this during my online wanderings, and it's awesome.

http://www.ebenefits.va.gov allows me to check my VA claim status, check my VA pay status for disability compensation, GI Bill and voc rehab, pull a home loan eligibility certificate, pull a copy of my Air Force service record (I'm retired), and other stuff. I've been kicking the tires on this for an hour or so.

Bill

• HadIt.com Elder
Okay, I was able to get a DEERS DS Login account. I had to enter maiden name (name I had in the Army). I am NOT retired; I got out back in 1984 and was really surprised to learn that I'm still in the DEERS system.

I talked to a nice woman at this phone number: 1-800-983-0937 and she helped me through the process.

She also told me that soon we would be able to be ID verified through our MyHealthEvet accounts. So if you've gone and gotten ID verified for a MyHealthEvet account, you won't have to go to the VARO to be ID verified. She said that there would soon be a link on the MyHealthEvet website to take us to the eBenefits site. It was supposed to be there by the end of April, but it's taking longer than they expected.

I also talked to someone at DEERS to get my mailing address updated. That phone number is 1-800-538-9552. The man I spoke to there was very helpful as well, and knew all about eBenefits.com coming online, and that we were soon going to be able to access it via MyHealthEvet.

Hope this helps!

x

x

x

Good information, thank you! ~Wings

Army?

Thought so.

Oh, I get it now...you are part of The Few, The Loud, and The Depraved...right?

:)

All in fun...all the time. Have a great day.

I love this website... thanks for the info

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Finally got access. DEERS had my date of birth incorrect. Got that fixed and have level 1 access. Now to request level 2...