VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is Anyone Else Using The Va Ebenefits Site Yet?

Rate this question

Bill (USAF Retired)

Question

I happened across this during my online wanderings, and it's awesome.

http://www.ebenefits.va.gov allows me to check my VA claim status, check my VA pay status for disability compensation, GI Bill and voc rehab, pull a home loan eligibility certificate, pull a copy of my Air Force service record (I'm retired), and other stuff. I've been kicking the tires on this for an hour or so.

Bill

• Answers 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Glad to be helpful!

But... there are levels on MyHealtheVet? I didn't know that. I wonder what level I am? Basement, no doubt!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Myhealthevet level 1 merely allows you to login and access the basic features and self-service tracking. It will allow you to refill meds, but you are only able to see the prescription numbers. The only benefit to Level 2 seems to be adding the name/dosage info to prescription.

I just got my activation code today. I like being able to check on my claim. Has anyone had any trouble with them getting money back for drill pay. I was in the Reserves and received disabilty too. I didnt understand what I was getting. I just knew that I was getting a sizable check from the VA for compensation. I wasn't aware of the conflict between reserve pay and disability pay. I received a letter stating they would take the money out for reserve pay Feb 2010. They never did and I received another stating they would in June. I dont know what to expect except to be ready for it. I looked on ebenefits and it shows it is closed under "predetermination" and that I can appeal it. It was closed in Feb 2010. I dont see another one that is open. I would appreciate any info you have. Thanks

I happened across this during my online wanderings, and it's awesome.

http://www.ebenefits.va.gov allows me to check my VA claim status, check my VA pay status for disability compensation, GI Bill and voc rehab, pull a home loan eligibility certificate, pull a copy of my Air Force service record (I'm retired), and other stuff. I've been kicking the tires on this for an hour or so.

Bill

• HadIt.com Elder
I just got my activation code today. I like being able to check on my claim. Has anyone had any trouble with them getting money back for drill pay. I was in the Reserves and received disabilty too. I didnt understand what I was getting. I just knew that I was getting a sizable check from the VA for compensation. I wasn't aware of the conflict between reserve pay and disability pay. I received a letter stating they would take the money out for reserve pay Feb 2010. They never did and I received another stating they would in June. I dont know what to expect except to be ready for it. I looked on ebenefits and it shows it is closed under "predetermination" and that I can appeal it. It was closed in Feb 2010. I dont see another one that is open. I would appreciate any info you have. Thanks

Were you on Temp. 100% comp at the time? Oh well, Someday, when you least expect it.....You will get a letter from the VA stating... "Overpayment"..... you owe $$$$

If it will cause a hardship, you can have it taken out in payments. Sometimes they can waive the overpayment...???

Edited by Commander Bob

I was at 60% just like now. I called to see if I could make payments and said NO. It will cause a hardship but I can manage. I want to pay what I should. I just dont want them to wait forever. I want it done with. Thanks for the info.

Were you on Temp. 100% comp at the time? Oh well, Someday, when you least expect it.....You will get a letter from the VA stating... "Overpayment"..... you owe $$

If it will cause a hardship, you can have it taken out in payments. Sometimes they can waive the overpayment...???

Just an added note:

I just checked my bank to see if I had any pending deposits or electronic ACH payments and it is showing my regular VA deposit to be available June 1, 2010. I then went to see my account at www.ebenefits.va.gov and it is showed the pending payment there as well.

I look at both accounts often during each day as I have a soon-to-be decision ( :D ) and hoping its made soon and not sure what will come first, the decision rating or money in the bank.

But from what I assume now, is that once payment is decided, I should get simultaneously a notice from my bank's ACH system AND notice at the ebenefits site.

So its just "a good to know" for me and maybe help with info for others. idk but who knows. just always good to share info.