VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is Anyone Else Using The Va Ebenefits Site Yet?

Rate this question

Bill (USAF Retired)

Question

I happened across this during my online wanderings, and it's awesome.

http://www.ebenefits.va.gov allows me to check my VA claim status, check my VA pay status for disability compensation, GI Bill and voc rehab, pull a home loan eligibility certificate, pull a copy of my Air Force service record (I'm retired), and other stuff. I've been kicking the tires on this for an hour or so.

Bill

• Answers 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I have not tried it yet, but the 1-800-827-1000 folks said you can do the in person authentication at the VAMC, just like you can for the myhealth vet web site. I'm going to call them today to find out. Could someone else also try to verify this? Of course, those 1-800 folks are often wrong.

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Wondering if I could enroll at the nearest military base that processes ID Cards? ~Wings

Wings,

That sounds like a possibility...

Also, I called my VAMC. The myhealth vet web site helper lady said she didn't know anything about the ebenefits site or in person authentication. I guess I need to schedule a day off from work.

Me too...wish they would make it a VA hospital....The VARO is 10 hours away!!!!!

Upon reading it stated that you can do in-person proofing at the VA hospital. It was under the FAQ

Tried to get to the ebenefits site, but it appears to be down. You get a mile-long error. :D

Hopefully they will have it running again soon...

My experience today regarding the ebenefits. I went to the Topeka Kansas Va today. I asked about getting verified .

First they sent me to eligibility, who then sent me to Release of info. Release of info is where i did get verified for my

healthy vet previously. ROI guy who seems pretty up to speed , did not know anything about this program.

So for me it was a wasted trip. so i would advise all to call there closest ROI and ask before

embarking on this hump.

Sgt Sandman :D