VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is Anyone Else Using The Va Ebenefits Site Yet?

Rate this question

Bill (USAF Retired)

Question

I happened across this during my online wanderings, and it's awesome.

http://www.ebenefits.va.gov allows me to check my VA claim status, check my VA pay status for disability compensation, GI Bill and voc rehab, pull a home loan eligibility certificate, pull a copy of my Air Force service record (I'm retired), and other stuff. I've been kicking the tires on this for an hour or so.

Bill

• Answers 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Question: Does anyone here currently have access to the VA ebenefits site and IS NOT retired from the military?

Signed up without the in person authentication. Under Compensation & Pension Claims Status it returns under open claims: Detailed information surrounding the claims you have filed with VA is not available at this time. If you would like more information, please call us at 1-800-827-1000. Same for Historical Claims.

I am inclined to believe they have some troubleshooting to do before they roll this out as operational. As far as claim staus via the 800 I have yet to receive a currently correct reply.

There has to be an easier way to authenticate rather than drive to your VAMC or RO. Credit Cards and a plethera of other sensitive information are transferred via the internet everyday without any negative consequences (for the most part). I have a pocket of CC to verify that claim. I didn't have to toe any mark for those.

My experience today regarding the ebenefits. I went to the Topeka Kansas Va today. I asked about getting verified .

First they sent me to eligibility, who then sent me to Release of info. Release of info is where i did get verified for my

healthy vet previously. ROI guy who seems pretty up to speed , did not know anything about this program.

So for me it was a wasted trip. so i would advise all to call there closest ROI and ask before

embarking on this hump.

Sgt Sandman :D

I'm having the same problem, No one at my RO seemed to know anything about eBenefits. I called the 1-800-827-1000 # and asked if they knew about eBenefits, The guy I spoke with did. I explained that my RO didn't, he look up some info. and told me which building and RM # too go to and ask for the Public Contact Team.

David

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

dsgsr,

Thanks for the tip! I'll try that...

Hi Vync, hope all is well with you. If you would when you have completed the Authenticated Sign Up please post your take on this site, as in does it contain all the info it reportedly makes available to us. Would be great if it does but new sites and technology often require a troubleshooting period. But hopefully this is the exception.

PS: I got the heads up letter from the DAV stating they raised my ratng from 60 to 70 but changed the DRO grant from lumbar strain with radiating pain through buttocks and down legs is granted with an evaluation of 20% to 20% for 1 lumbar diagnosis and 10% for Radiculopathy or similar, but can't be more specific since I am out of town and the ltr has not been scanned and sent to me. They split the diagnosis for reasons unknow but has the effect of making it more difficult to reach the 40% on one diagnosis for TDIU requirements. But hey, can't win em all.

Edited by cannoncocker