VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is Anyone Else Using The Va Ebenefits Site Yet?

Rate this question

Bill (USAF Retired)

Question

I happened across this during my online wanderings, and it's awesome.

http://www.ebenefits.va.gov allows me to check my VA claim status, check my VA pay status for disability compensation, GI Bill and voc rehab, pull a home loan eligibility certificate, pull a copy of my Air Force service record (I'm retired), and other stuff. I've been kicking the tires on this for an hour or so.

Bill

• Answers 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

maybe they hope he will forget to get back to them....

Buffalo VARO isn't ready to participate in the program yet. I need to got to the VAMC today, so I'll check with them and see if they know what's going on.

I am pre 1982 so was advised I would have to take all my paperwork, ie DD214, Dis Vet card, Proof of ID to my local VA and register there, as it is pre date. Not going to be in a hurry for that as its 157 miles one way.

Edited by halos2

• HadIt.com Elder

I wonder how much $$$ this will cost VA budget .. From what I read here, as well as a visit to the website, I have concerns that this may turn out to be another way to get the same run-a-round, like the other methods available, to interact with DVA's RO, etc...

Maybe it's just growing pains, and this will help the veteran when it's up and running. I'll check it from time to time. Ebenefits sounds like a boondoggle. Progress or redundancy?

• HadIt.com Elder

It took a hump out to the VA just to get my HealthVet page to show names of drugs I was taking. I had to verify my vet status. The VA can't even handle what they have on their plate now. We were supposed to be able to see our VA medical records online. That did not happen.

I did use the online compenation application process. It required physical contact with the VARO to complete the process. I did not need that at all. How come I can file my taxes via online process but cannot get access to the VA without complications?

If I was going to file a claim I would stick with tried and true method of getting date stamped copies of what I submit. If I want to verify what I have filed with VARO get a copy of your file. Of course, you may not get the actual file. They held half of mine back, so it put me and my lawyer at a disadvantage at the BVA hearing. These people are not trustworthy in any regards.

• HadIt.com Elder
I am pre 1982 so was advised I would have to take all my paperwork, ie DD214, Dis Vet card, Proof of ID to my local VA and register there, as it is pre date. Not going to be in a hurry for that as its 157 miles one way.

I thought that I'd give this EBenefit thing a try. You know, expiring minds like mine need to know, right?

So, I filled out the stuff to give me "Level One Access"..........................no go.

"Why", I wanted to know, could I not EVEN get "Level One Access"?

So, I called the telephone number that it lists on the web site for if you have any questions.

Come to find out, I don't NEED "Level One Access", 'cause I'm already in the DEERS system (I'm Viet vet but I have already applied in person at the NAS, Ft. Worth, for my MWR card and that got me into the DEERS system, even though I'm "pre-1982").

So, I say, "Okay", and proceed to fill out the application for "Level Two Access". Now, this should be NO PROBLEMA, si'? I mean, after all, I'm in the DEERS system, I don't NEED the "Level One Access", right? So, I should be a shoe-in for the "Level Two Access" and a happy recipient of the benevolence of the VA in "granting" me the ability to "participate" in their diabolical little exercise, RIGHT?

So, any way, I fill out the app for "Level Two Access", okay?

And, it tells me that I need "In Person" recognition or whatever they called it. That I'd have to go to the VA for this to happen, so, I goes to the VAMC here in Dallas, and I goes to the desk where they did my "In Person" recognition thing for my HealthEVet access. They doan know nuttin, have never heard of DEERS, or the Naval Air Station, Ft. Worth, or the EBenefit Program, nor do they want to know. But, they tells me to go to the Medical Library, that they do "In Person" stuff there, so I do, with the same results. BUT, the lady there did tell me that she had actually heard of this program, the EBenefit thing, and that I'd have to go to the Regional Office in Waco, that they did the "In Person" thing there. So, I looks at my watch, see, and I decide that I have time to drive 120 miles (ONE WAY) to the RO and get this crap DONE (after all, by now I have HOURS invested in this deal, right?).............so, I do......................................

.................only to be told that I'm on their "Very Stupid Person List" (they called it something else, but by now I'm not HEARING YOU!) and that, seeing as how I'm an accredited veterans service officer that I am not allowed to access ANY information that is remotely connected to ANY thing with MY Social Security Number attached thereto.

and, the beat goes on, and the beat goes on...........pounding rythym to my BRAIN...................

I jist wanna get outta this place, if it's the last thing I EVER DO!

Valium is good, yeah...............