VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating Help For Ms

Rate this question

tami

Question

Good afternoon. I am hoping some of the wise members here can help me :D I was recently diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I had my C&P exam two weeks ago, and the VA Doc stated that since it is in my military medical records that i first sought treatment in 2004 for numbness that he was going to say that I've had MS since then. My question is, will I be compensated from that point or from the time I applied?

Also, does anyone know how they rate the "degrees" of MS? I know it starts at 30% but I've searched and can't find any info.

Thank you in advance for your time and help

Tami

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks Berta! Where does DR Bash practice? I am always up for another Medical opinion :D MS is so crazy because you can be fine one hour and not be able to move or mentally function the next.

• HadIt.com Elder

A claim for MS may be filed at anytime.

MS symptoms must show in your service records or within 7 yrs following. You must also have a current diagnoses and a nexus conecting the two. A favorable C&P examination or IMO is the nexus you need. IMO's may be very expensive, but a good way to prove the nexus requirement for MS.

It can take decades before enough symptoms can be put together for a final diagnoses of MS. Some can get a diagnoses with one MRI and a spinal tap. Others are diagnosed with treatment records.

The Nexus is the key for SC.

Be sure to include your Psychiatrist examination showing any cognitive, bipolar, mood swings and depression associated with your MS. They start with 30%, but start adding every thing like mental disorders, chronic pain, vertigo, vision issues, atrophy, loss of use of limbs, etc after that. Make sure to submit,"all" MS health problems in your records to be rated.

Edited by allan