VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Introduction

Rate this question

Bob-e

Question

I’m tired!

After seventeen-years, I am tired of the constant YELLOW rain sprayed down upon me by the Veterans Administration which first flat-out refused my PTSD claim in 1993, 1994, 1995 and 1996. I am still fighting.

Today, Monday was NOT a good day for me. I won't take your time here, but if you care you read about my struggle with the VA and PTSD on my blog http://cid-5d732de5984e829c.profile.live.com/.

I really need help, any help. I have tried working with congressional representative, Senator Merkley (D-OR), but his office has been a waste of my time. I have a Veteran's Services Coordinator, paid to help vets by Washington County, Oregon; he has been one step from useless. I have sent the VA every piece of paper I can think of; except, getting a legal letter from my old lawyer from 1985; who helped me pro bono in 1985; but, I today is a different story. I have tried to find the original congressman who helped keep me alive in 1985; Congressman Jim Bates D-CA, but he is nothing more than a ghost in the wind. He is alive... somewhere.

In a nutshell my PTSD was not only caused by blowing the whistle, and being strangled by Primo Cayabyab, but I was also torpedoed by the United States Navy itself in the press and summarily thrown in the streets without anywhere to sleep or food to eat - WITH 90 DAYS LEFT ON ACTIVE DUTY!

For those vets old enough to remember the 1960's television show with Chuck Connors - I was Branded!

At the time I was a young and dumb twenty-six year old who told the world the king had no clothes, and as always those who do not want to have the message told kill the messenger.

Unlike the vets listed in the article by "Allen G. Breed, Associated Press, PTSD rules an invitation for false VA claims", I have PTSD.

I need help. I do not have any money and I am fully disabled due to physical ailments (heart problems, scar tissues, degeneritive back disease and other things) on top of the mental anguish of PTSD.

The saddest thing to me is that I sacraficed my navy career. I DID MY DUTY! I protected America from enemies foreign and DOMESTIC - and America never cared about the solution the whistleblower laid out for them that had been tried and proven "TOO EFFECTIVE" in catching fraud, waste and abuse in the Navy supply and procurement system. But because I not only blew the whistle on a bunch of pilering store keepers, who by the way were selling weapons and aircraft parts off of the USS Kitty Hawk to Iran, I blew the whistle on the Navy itself for using its aircraft carrier as a delivery system for the Iran/Contra affair.

My attorney in 1985 told me that "I knew too much". Of course at the time I blew the whistle I had NO CLUE about Iran/Contra. I only knew as the ships' auditor that hundreds of millions of dollars were unaccounted for on the ship and my LIFE was in danger.

Whether you believe Iran/Contra was Oliver North being a hero, or the villian; doesn't matter - in 1985, I was just doing my duty!

Can anyone help me with my seventeen year battle for PTSD treatment and compensation - or am I just standing in the yellow rain... alone? :D

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The lawyers take 20% of your retro. 80% of something is better than 100% of nothing. If the VA has decided to play hardball with you then you need someone in your corner who can play hardball as well. No one knows more about your claim than you do, but you can be your own worst enemy when you represent yourself in deep or murky legal issues with the VA.