VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Implantable Cardioverter-defibrillator (icd)

Rate this question

jazz991

Question

I have a implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) surgery date for Jun 10. Hopefully I have been reading the DC's correct. I think I'll be receiving a 100% disability rating? Am I correct? If so, do I have to go through C&P yearly? Any advise.......thanks everyone.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Yes you will get 100%. I have 100% for post Heart Attack, 100% for ICD, 70% for PTSD, 10% high blood pressure, 10% ringing in the ears and 10% scaring from the ICD being put in. Enjoy life!

• HadIt.com Elder

Jazz:

Good luck and I know a friend who has one and it works great. As far as your rating the need for it should give you 100% if you are connected already.

She has had one for 7 years and it has helped her a lot

That's good to here. I'm still on active duty and after the surgery I'll be facing a MEB. The good thing is that I'm already over 20 yrs in the AF. I'm going to sit back and see how things play out. Thanks......

The Third ICD I have is a Medtronics, there are many different models and the uses vary.

The VA by regulation in CFR 38 is required to award 100% disability for a veteran thqat has a Implanted ICD, usually the ICD is there because you’d be dead without the ICD.

The VA actually knows this fact. Yes the VA requires proof you actually have an ICD… medical records, Dr. statements….. and a C&P by the VA

Unless the ICD is removed for good you will never have a C&P after your award because your reason for the ICD never goes away. Your heart disease will not heal..... you are terminal without the device..

11 years with these things and I am still doing what ever I do..

the VA knows this fact, so be happy

If you’re a Vietnam Vet this ICD with your Heart disease is going to be the Presumptive Agent ORQNGE AWARD…

I await the 100% award, all evidence and C&P done in Jan2010 filed 26Oct2009.

The Final awarding cannot take place till the

rules are published in Federal registry.

You can do a search here on this site to read all the posts that will answer all your questions

The Active duty fellow…… the VA will award you 100% SCHEDULAR

With all the benefits a 100% vet gets……

You may want to know what the VA offers compared to the MEB….

I have no knowledge as to what the MEB awards….. be sure it is equal to the VA awards…

There are folks here that are up to date on this…..

I just got a claim for 100% granted last week, and have gotten the CAC card, or as some call it the “ Tan card “ or the “ MWR “ card….. a real nice card with a lot of bennies, even some bennies that many do not know about……

I will let people do their own research……. Ask questions to the DEERS people they have answers, just ask the right questions….

That's good to here. I'm still on active duty and after the surgery I'll be facing a MEB. The good thing is that I'm already over 20 yrs in the AF. I'm going to sit back and see how things play out. Thanks......
Edited by vperl

• HadIt.com Elder

Dont worry about it.

the Defibrulator is the key and you will be considered P and T as it will not get any better unless you have a heart transplant.

Enjoy your retirement.

J

Thanks to all of you. Looks like I'll be getting that 100%. I just want to be able to go out and get another job.

Dont worry about it.

the Defibrulator is the key and you will be considered P and T as it will not get any better unless you have a heart transplant.

Enjoy your retire