• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

•  ad-free-subscription-002.jpeg     fund-the-site.jpg

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

evilerny506wife

What More Can I Do?

Question

We put in for TBI... a year later, DENIED. What for? No relation to the military. We sent in documents from the Military Dr. who said he had TBI when my husband came back from Iraq. We sent in letters from those who knew about the 70 mph crash from explosion as proof and came to the rescue. We would send in a letter from those who were in the Humvee with him... but alas most of them either didn't make it back from Iraq, committed suicide, or just disappeared from everyones radar... even family. RIP :D

The VA seems to be hung up on the fact that he didn't go to a Dr. and have it recorded after the accident. Hello, unless it is a life or death you don't get medical care.... even if you were knocked unconscious.

My dear husband, whom we will call evilerny, has been referred to the TBI special program to get help, by one of their very own VA doctors. The TBI clinic say indubitably he has TBI. He was sent to the neurologist as one of his C&P and finally received the results... after we were already denied. The Nero Dr said that their was definitely scar tissue and that evilerny should go to the TBI clinic... yeah we have already been there.

So here is the catch, our denial letter states the reason for denial is for lack of proof... but yet on the pages to follow where they explain why, they say in so many words that according to the C&P they don't believe he has it anyway. Hmmmm????

We have given pictures, letters, things different from before and after. medical documents from after he came back from Iraq. So I digress, What more can we do?

Is your denial from the VARO or BVA? Have you filed a NOD?

Ad

So here is the catch, our denial letter states the reason for denial is for lack of proof... but yet on the pages to follow where they explain why, they say in so many words that according to the C&P they don't believe he has it anyway. Hmmmm????

We have given pictures, letters, things different from before and after. medical documents from after he came back from Iraq. So I digress, What more can we do?

evilerny,

Can you scan in and upload the Rating Decision, minus info like real name, address, SSA number ?

What is his current 50 percent SC for.

Did you check out the Evidence Section of the Rating Decision to make sure all of the

Evidence was of record in the Rating Decision. Especially things like pictures ?

carlie

30% PTSD; 10% headahs; 10% back injury. I will have to get the paperwork out. I may have to type it up. As of right now I only have access to my iPhone for Internet. So it might be next week that I can get it up here

evilerny,

Can you scan in and upload the Rating Decision, minus info like real name, address, SSA number ?

What is his current 50 percent SC for.

Did you check out the Evidence Section of the Rating Decision to make sure all of the

Evidence was of record in the Rating Decision. Especially things like pictures ?

carlie

the conformation was not in that paperwork but we had recieved a letter several months prior to the denial letter. It stated that they had recieved all our info and had it all listed and it was submitted to the reveiw board.