VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Fraud

Rate this question

Ol'Man

Question

:D :D :angry::angry: :o :D :rolleyes: :D

Just read on VA Watchdog where many "veterans" are lying about stressors in order to claim benefits. I was a Dog Handler in Nam "70" - "71", 101st 47th IPSD. Tried for several years to get SR benefits for injuries and PTSD received while overseas but always got the same old story....WE NEED PROOF OF STRESSORS. Now after almost 40 years and many sleepless nights and nightmares, failed relationships, going from job to job, etc., I'm finally coming to terms with my past "life". I'm close to receiving benefits for Dabetes II and anxiety disorder, the latter not PTSD because I don't believe the "examiner" did his homework. My question is, am I going to have trouble with PTSD claim because only one out of three of my stressors was documented. The other 2 are true but were buried due to the nature. Can we say "cover-up" ? Been waiting for 2 months now for decision. I know I will have to file a NOD but am not letting the VA screw me again.

• Answers 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Berta I take great offense to your comments about PTSD wannabees. You don't know me nor do you know about alot of these claims for PTSD are comming from your so called PTSD wannabees. Alot of us are still hurting out there are NOT PTSD WANNABEES

VA will only award for one MH condition.

They wont pay for anxiety disorder and PTSD too.

PTSD is an anxiety disorder.

All you need is proof of one stressor.

(I thought overthe last 2 decades that I had met all the PTSD wannabees in the USA-it is a shame that there are more then I thought.VA catches up woth them in many cases. I am sure you certainly have a very valid claim but the VA would not 'cover up' something to do with a stressor in my opinion.

JSRRC handles stressor verifications- not the RO.

Now as long as you have 2 VA doctors dx you with PTSD, you don't have to prove the stressor. They are suppose to give the Vet the benifit of the doubt with the 2 VA doctors dx. It has to be 2 dx's from the VA. The IMO will have no weight without a proven stressor. The important factor, it has to be 2 VA doctors dx of PTSD if you do not have a proven stressor. This is quoted from my own VA Psyc.

Chu,

Apparently this is ONLY your VA Psyc. providers interpretation on the proposed reg change.

I do not agree AT ALL with,

"Now as long as you have 2 VA doctors dx you with PTSD, you don't have to prove the stressor. They are suppose to give the Vet the benifit of the doubt with the 2 VA doctors dx. It has to be 2 dx's from the VA.

The important factor, it has to be 2 VA doctors dx of PTSD if you do not have a proven stressor."

jmho,

carlie

There is one sentence in this proposed change in regulation that I don't see as

having gotten much thought and/or attention.

I feel this one sentence is quite important as it provides the VA with a way to

bar this regulation from implementation of many instances, of claims for PTSD.

The following provisions apply to claims for service connection of posttraumatic stress disorder diagnosed during service or based on the specified type of claimed stressor:

* * * * * (3) If a stressor claimed by a veteran is related to the veteran's fear of hostile military or terrorist activity and a VA psychiatrist or psychologist, or a psychiatrist or psychologist with whom VA has contracted, confirms that the claimed stressor is adequate to support a diagnosis of posttraumatic stress disorder and that the veteran's symptoms are related to the claimed stressor, in the absence of clear and convincing evidence to the contrary, and provided the claimed stressor is consistent with the places, types, and circumstances of the veteran's service, the veteran's lay testimony alone may establish the occurrence of the claimed in-service stressor.

jmho,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder
Berta I take great offense to your comments about PTSD wannabees. You don't know me nor do you know about alot of these claims for PTSD are comming from your so called PTSD wannabees. Alot of us are still hurting out there are NOT PTSD WANNABEES

Welcome aboard Chu Lai69,... When I was in RVN 67-68, Chu Lai was our base camp. I was an 11Bravo and did not spend much time there, however the place got mortared many times. Good luck on your PTSD claim.

I feel your rude comments to Berta were out of order... You are a FNG here, and have no idea how many vets and their widows and orphans, this great lady has helped.

Did you even read the story that started this thread? 'Ol Man" did not cite the Watchdog article he was referencing. It could be this one.

http://www.vawatchdog.org/10/nf10/nfmay10/nf050110-3.htm

• HadIt.com Elder

Be very careful Hadit does not allow any Member to demean are engage in personal attacks. We believe in acting civilly to each other and also to the VA for that matter.So if you are angry with a Member here keep in mind that it is ok to refute info but keep your cool and do it politely.

Now for anyone who is thin kink that this is anything but a general warning to all Members you are wrong.Its my attempt to try and diffuse the possibility of someone getting really mad and leaving or saying something that they will be sorry for later.

Berta is an Elder on Hadit and has helped countless numbers of Members with many difficult problems.She is held in high regard by me and many others.

Edited by Pete53