VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Fraud

Rate this question

Ol'Man

Question

:D :D :angry::angry: :o :D :rolleyes: :D

Just read on VA Watchdog where many "veterans" are lying about stressors in order to claim benefits. I was a Dog Handler in Nam "70" - "71", 101st 47th IPSD. Tried for several years to get SR benefits for injuries and PTSD received while overseas but always got the same old story....WE NEED PROOF OF STRESSORS. Now after almost 40 years and many sleepless nights and nightmares, failed relationships, going from job to job, etc., I'm finally coming to terms with my past "life". I'm close to receiving benefits for Dabetes II and anxiety disorder, the latter not PTSD because I don't believe the "examiner" did his homework. My question is, am I going to have trouble with PTSD claim because only one out of three of my stressors was documented. The other 2 are true but were buried due to the nature. Can we say "cover-up" ? Been waiting for 2 months now for decision. I know I will have to file a NOD but am not letting the VA screw me again.

• Answers 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It is for all Veterans who are dx with DX, even the wannabee's. LOL

We discussed this reg here at hadit when it came out-

I am still under the impression that this applies more to Iraq /Afganistan veterans who are diagnosed incountry then to any other veterans:

"The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is amending its adjudication regulations regarding service connection for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). The amendment will eliminate the requirement of evidence that corroborates the occurrence of in-service stressor in which PTSD is diagnosed in the service. This is necessary to facilitate the proof of service connection in such claims. By this amendment, the VA intends to reduce claim-processing time for such claims. This interim final rule is effective Oct. 29, 2008. Going forward -- in the absence of clear and convincing evidence to the contrary, and provided that the claimed stressor is consistent with the circumstances, conditions, or hardships of the veteran's service -- the veteran's lay testimony alone may establish the occurrence of the claimed in-service stressor. The VA believes that this change will contribute to faster processing of PTSD claims by eliminating the need for VA to develop evidence of occurrence of the in-service stressor in claims in which the veteran's PTSD was diagnosed during service."

source:

http://www.military.com/military-report/mi...rements-relaxed

Every vet rep and veteran's advocate has met and dealt with wannabees.They are a fact of life.

They waste a lot of our time and ask us to do things that-in a few cases I had- were downright illegal.

I thought this topic started with the VA Watchdog article about wannabees.

No one suggested any one here at hadit is a wannabee.

That should read all Veterans with DX of PTSD not DX with DX LOL

It is for all Veterans who are dx with DX, even the wannabee's. LOL

ChuLai,

You are mis-interpurting the reg proposal.

It is in regards to PTSD vets - THAT HAVE A DIAGNOSIS OF PTSD WHILE ON ACTIVE DUTY.

It DOES NOT IN ANY WAY NEGATE A STRESSOR VERIFICATION FOR ALL VETS

THAT HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH PTSD.

BTW - had you paid attention earlier in this thread - you might have noticed that

Berta was replying to the topic of "PTSD Fraud".

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

This is a healthy topic.

The news posted is just news so no one should get their feelings hurt.

Dont ever jump an Elder on this board and we will get along just fine.

The reason the VA is always picking at PTSD is the pure fact that they can and they will continue as there is no actual test to measure wether a person has PTSD or Not. The Bottom line is it is a guess and an opinion.

Unlike a physical test like a MRI or Heart Cath, You are not going to get a definate diagnosis and that opens the door for the Va to Nit Pick.

The best thing for a PTSD calimant to do is have a verifiable stressor.

Just look at the Roberts case. He has PTSD but he still went to Jail.

J

I am not jumping on an Elder. Was just voicing my opinion on what I thought to be an unfair statement on Vets being suspicious for filing for PTSD. I will still stand by that opinion. If you think I was jumping on an Elder I can't do anything different. The last time I looked, this is still America and I am still a VietNam Veteran that fought for the right to give people the right to stand up for what they think is right and what is wrong not matter who that person may be. If that cost me the right to post in this forum so be it. But its still a right for every single Veteran in this forum to be able to voice their opinion right or wrong without having the fear of being ridiculed or banned. I think the last time I checked, that was called Censorship and thats not suppose to happen in this country.

• HadIt.com Elder

this is a BOARD that belongs to T Bird and her rules it's her playground and we are all guests in HER house kind of like the military there are her articles ( think UCMJ) of laws and FREE SPEECH is not guaranteed here you need to drop the arguing you are a "newby" so act like a "guest" and drop the attitude we all have them and no one else wants to see or hear it from any of us many of us have been "blocked" from posting and after a time out T Bird may or may not let a person "blocked" post again but another episode sees them banned Hadit has been a god send for all of us all of us had trouble with the VARO or else we would not have ever "HAD IT" with the VA all of us had problems with claims issues some for decades some of us for 5 years or more some of the people got lucky and had their claims done in less than 5 years

but everyone was a NEWBY once here and all of us are veterans or married to veterans or widows

behave like you are visiting a friends house and your experience here will be a lot better