VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

70%-100%iu

Rate this question

bandido60

Question

New to VA hassles, Undertow and lies.

New to hadit -- Great place

Question: I'm 70% PTSD with 100% IU subject to future review with an effective date dec 08.How can I protect this decision and or improve upon it?? Knowing the VA I'll get the Shaft some How :)

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

don't miss your mental health appointments and keep your meds refilled and don't go back to work unless you are willing to lose the IU award if you get a job the IRS will run a match list with other govt agencies and the VA, WILL learn about it none of us really want to learn that we are totally disabled and I think all of us would give up the checks if we could HAVE our old lives back without the mental issues to deal with but the truth to it is nothing can erase the past years and the broken marriages, the legal trouble that many of us had to deal with DUI's etc, drug problems, lost jobs, there is no way to make us "whole" we are what we are now, disabled what causes many veterans problems is once they start getting the checks they stop treatment and everything is better now how? yes financial security is one thing but it is not everything if you haven't filed for SSD yet you should, the IU award should help there are no magic fixes to guarantee anything with the VA everything is about time your age, how long you have been disabled etc, there are no shortcuts

TESTVET-- Thanx--- Guess I'm just Paranoid. But thats always been one of my probs. I've been doing like u said.

My ole lady Has been a saint trough the years,We have it so she can take care of all my business wth the VA and all.

Yes SSDI all ready but it is for NP a Neck ashoulder probs.tanx again vet!!!

Question: I'm 70% PTSD with 100% IU subject to future review with an effective date dec 08.

How can I protect this decision and or improve upon it?? Knowing the VA I'll get the Shaft some How :huh:

bandid,

Welcome to Hadit,

As suggested stick with your therapy and meds.

If your doctor/therapist are willing to write a statement that in their opinion your SC'd

disabilities are STATIC IN NATURE, without room for improvement, you could

submit copies to VA with a request for P&T status.

If VA rates you as P&T - and twenty years pass by with no reduction in compensation benefits,

then you will be covered by full protection.

jmho,

carlie

Hello Carlie

I am Tonya and I am Bandidos wife. I want to thank ya'll for all the sound advice that ya'll have given us, and being to able in contact with ya'll at Hadit.com because this is our first go round with the VA. Like many others Bill recieved a letter in the 70's stating that his records had burned. So he never bothered. The only people that he fit in with was his outlaw Biker brothers (Bandidos). Needless to say this did not go well with his PTSD and the Law.He is a very troubled man.very antisocial and extremly angry---- Oh well enough of this you guys have heard it all before-- thank you very much and I wiill stay in touch .GOD BLESS!!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

If you can get evidence that the PTSD is a permanent and total condition I would submit this to the VA and request to be made permanent and total. You can also request Chapter 35 benefits based on being permanently disabled and if they grant Chapter 35 you are then P&T. It is a little round-about but it gets you there. That thing about the fire burning up all records at the VA is pure BS. Some records were destroyed, but some lazy clerks just don't want to do the research.

• HadIt.com Elder

Just would like to add that the rating although subject to futire review is very protected and would take major work on VA behalf to change.

Welcome to Hadit.

All the symptoms mentioned prove his diagnosis