VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Permanent And Total

Rate this question

LizR

Question

I called the 800# today to request a new statement showing Permanent and Total. I was told P/T is not in their records. I have had these statements before under my maiden name for 10 years. When I married in 2007 I sent in all the paperwork etc. My husband is on ChampVA and I got my ID card with my new name. My husband has an ID card. I get Tax exempt on my home here in Florida. This scares me. I usually write for any request to St. Petersburg. Today I used the phone and their info differs. They insisted I was not permanent. I did not want to argue and told the rep. that.

I faxed. St. Pete( processing center gave me the wrong fax# too). Not a good day. I sent them my last P/T statement received and a copy of my military ID card showing permanent That the VA authorized. I asked that they straighten out the processing center. I mailed the same info and I sent a message via the VA web site. I covered all my bases. I just get scared when my benifts are messed with. I am just venting...Did I do all that I can do???

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

oh, and as far as "the county" is concerned, if they need it for some reason, then tell them that they are more than welcome to get it.....................

You are right and made me laugh today. I need cheering up.

It is just that my name has to match my drivers Lic. for state business. I am having trouble getting a permanent fishing Lic. right now too because my VA letter does not have my new name.

I should know what to do as I was a DVOP for 10 years. It seems easy doing things for others and when it involves me my anger foggs up my mind.

• HadIt.com Elder
You are right and made me laugh today. I need cheering up.

It is just that my name has to match my drivers Lic. for state business. I am having trouble getting a permanent fishing Lic. right now too because my VA letter does not have my new name.

I should know what to do as I was a DVOP for 10 years. It seems easy doing things for others and when it involves me my anger foggs up my mind.

Anything to bring a "bright spot" into your day! Hey, I mean it. Sometimes we can't find the plug to drain the swamp, what with them 'gators bugging with us!

Get on the IRIS system and send them a request, tell them it is to allow you to get your MWR card at your local military base.

Works everytime.

Guaranteed.

Won't they accept your marriage certificate as proof of name change? They should.

I did send my marriage certicicate in when I was married in 2007. I sent it in again this week. I just requested a statement with permanent and total noted with my married name. The 800# said I was not permanent. I wrote ISIS they wrote back asking for my social and are looking at my file. I faxed and mailed all my documants on being permanent /total that I have to St. Petersburg Regional Office. Copy of my ID card, last statement I had with my maiden name that shows permanent a note that my husband has ChampVA and I have tax exemption on my home. I just asked for something simple and have to go through all this to get something that should be easy. I have been P/T for 10 years. I came from Rochester N.Y to Florida. N.Y made my determination and sent my file to Florida. I know they must have all this info as I have not had trouble before with St. Pete; but I sent copies of what documents I have anyway so they see I am telling the truth. I did not like the arguement I received when I called the 800#. I was treated like I did not know my own situation.