VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Permanent And Total

Rate this question

LizR

Question

I called the 800# today to request a new statement showing Permanent and Total. I was told P/T is not in their records. I have had these statements before under my maiden name for 10 years. When I married in 2007 I sent in all the paperwork etc. My husband is on ChampVA and I got my ID card with my new name. My husband has an ID card. I get Tax exempt on my home here in Florida. This scares me. I usually write for any request to St. Petersburg. Today I used the phone and their info differs. They insisted I was not permanent. I did not want to argue and told the rep. that.

I faxed. St. Pete( processing center gave me the wrong fax# too). Not a good day. I sent them my last P/T statement received and a copy of my military ID card showing permanent That the VA authorized. I asked that they straighten out the processing center. I mailed the same info and I sent a message via the VA web site. I covered all my bases. I just get scared when my benifts are messed with. I am just venting...Did I do all that I can do???

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes; and Carlie this scares me. I do not feel confident that they are keeping my records safe and information up to date.

• HadIt.com Elder

I still like my idea.

just sayin...........

I received this today and I sent in my response. It is settled.

Thank you for getting the correct information so I can get the statements I need. Please let the 800 # processing center know this info so my records are correct. We had a bit of an arguement yesterday and that was unnecessary. I was made to feel like I did not know my status.

I called the 800# to get an updated statement with my married name..REED. I need a statement that I am permanent and Total so I can get a parks pass. fishing Lic. and to have for my Tax exemption on my home. Also I need it to get a Florida Veterans Disabled card.

Thank you for helping me...Elizabeth Reed.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Response (Department of Veterans Affairs) 05/12/2010 04:57 PM

Dear Ms. Reed:

This is in response to the inquiry you submitted on May 12, 2010, to the Department of Veterans Affairs. Thank you for your patience.

We have heard back from your regional office and they have in fact verified that you are Permanent and Total. We are happy to assist you with your request, will you please respond to this inquiry and let us know what letters you are looking for, is it just the tax exemption letter or are there other letters you are requesting? Once we have heard back from you we will be able to be of further assistance in this matter.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Sincerely yours,

E. J. Kruse

National IRIS Response Center Manager

mab