VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filling Out The Ssdi Application

Rate this question

hedgey

Question

My disabilities are definitely due to working... military, that is.

I have received X dollars in disability payments since I had to stop working. That I can answer.

But how can I know how much I might or will be receiving in the future??

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

My disabilities are definitely due to working... military, that is.

I have received X dollars in disability payments since I had to stop working. That I can answer.

But how can I know how much I might or will be receiving in the future??

I'm not sure I understand the question, but its good to see you are filling out the paperwork :) good for you and good luck.

/doc

navydoc, thanks for your reply, especially when you have other things on your mind! I'm wishing all the best for you - it'll be alright (it always make me feel better when someone tells me that). And FWIW, I think this will only help your SSD appeal. And did you file a NOD about the denial re: high blood pressure? It's a known medical fact that depression can cause it, there are surely a number of medical journal articles you could point to. Or maybe it would be worth it to pass it over to an attorney. Let someone else take the stress from you. I once read an interview with Bill Gates where he said one of the secrets to happy success was knowing when to pay someone else to do something for you.

Please remember that all my advice comes from a person whose life is messed up!

As for my problem, it's the part of the application where they ask if your disabilities are in any way due to work. I assume that the answer is yes, because they all stem from my time in the army. The next question is if and how much you have received from your employer ... I figured up all the money I've received in VA disability compensation at 10% and entered that. The next question is the stumper... They want to know how much I expect to receive in the future. I just don't know how to answer that question. How do I know? The VA could raise my rating (claim in progress), they could take it away (seen it happen!), I could die tomorrow, Congress could decide to make changes to compensation rules...

Maybe I'm just making a mountain out of a mole hill, which would be one of my chronic problems, though I don't know the clinical term for it.

Thanks again, navydoc2, and best of luck!!

name='hedgey' date='May 11 2010, 08:57 AM' post='200409']

navydoc, thanks for your reply, especially when you have other things on your mind! I'm wishing all the best for you - it'll be alright (it always make me feel better when someone tells me that). And FWIW, I think this will only help your SSD appeal. And did you file a NOD about the denial re: high blood pressure? It's a known medical fact that depression can cause it, there are surely a number of medical journal articles you could point to. Or maybe it would be worth it to pass it over to an attorney. Let someone else take the stress from you. I once read an interview with Bill Gates where he said one of the secrets to happy success was knowing when to pay someone else to do something for you.

Please remember that all my advice comes from a person whose life is messed up!

As for my problem, it's the part of the application where they ask if your disabilities are in any way due to work. I assume that the answer is yes, because they all stem from my time in the army. The next question is if and how much you have received from your employer ... I figured up all the money I've received in VA disability compensation at 10% and entered that. The next question is the stumper... They want to know how much I expect to receive in the future. I just don't know how to answer that question. How do I know? The VA could raise my rating (claim in progress), they could take it away (seen it happen!), I could die tomorrow, Congress could decide to make changes to compensation rules...

Maybe I'm just making a mountain out of a mole hill, which would be one of my chronic problems, though I don't know the clinical term for it.

Thanks again, navydoc2, and best of luck!!

Thanks for your support hedgey. Let me tell you we are all "messed up" lol. Now with regard to your question. I think that this is talking more about workman's comp. You are right to put down your VA percentage and you can put down the dollar amount in monthly terms. I hope this helps and makes it at least as clear as mud. Good Luck

/doc