VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Ptsd Compensation Claim Examination

Rate this question

Bob-e

Question

I received the letter, followed by a phone call. I have an appointment to see the psychologist on the 18'th of May.

I am going to meet with the county VSO the day before and have asked the VSO for a statement from him about the emotional and mental state I have been in when we have met. I would hope his notes about PTSD, panic attack, MDD, and Dysthymia will help to raise my service connected disability from 10% for tinnitus to 100% for PTSD. The county doesn't allow the VSO to go with the vet to the VA exam. The letter is the best I can probably do - or should I ask the VSO for something else?

Should I tell the shrink that last month I had no money and the State of Oregon, Veterans Services Office paid my rent and utilities? Does that matter? I can't function and have not brought any money in the door in five months. I am on the waiting list for food stamps.

I have filed my social security disability but they told me it will be six months before anything is determined. Does that help with the VA claim, should I mention it?

The VA has already sent me to its Voc-Rehab and there were no jobs I could do today due to physical and mental disabilities. Does that matter? The VA already have all of my medical records because I use it as my primary. Have been using it for the last six years. Does this guy I'm meeting need this information or is that another part of the VA... and WHY can't the fools just talk to each other?

I plan on creating a list of bullet statements on such things as my daily life and how PTSD affects me (IE. isolation, anger, panic attacks, loss of sleep, fear, memory loss, etc). Should I write a book - or will bullet points be Okay?

I am going to try and keep it together. The last visit I had on May 3,2010, I yelled at my new psychiatrist and then had a break from reality. The shrink was going to admit me but I asked for my wife and she helped bring me back to a point where I knew where I was. That was the first time I have lost touch with reality - should I ask for my new shrink to send his notes or does the VA already have access to that?

I am scared. Seventeen years ago I did this interview with a sub-contracted VA shrink, picked by the VA, and he said I didn't have PTSD. This time I have done my homework, as much as I could with flaming PTSD.

Oh, last question. Does the exam letter mean the VA has accepted the "stressor" or is that a battle I have to continue to fight?

Any help or wisdom is appreciated.

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

WHISTLEBLOWER'S WINS SEVENTEEN-YEAR BATTLE

FOR SERVICE CONNECTED PTSD COMPENSATION AND TREATMENT

I had my C & P meeting on Tuesday, May 18, 2010. I have been designated 100% disabled. I have no idea how the VA came up with the math and after fighting seventeen years I do not care! What I do know is that "SHIT" has hit the fan at the Veterans Administration. The VA got a copy fo the letter I sent to President Obama and General Shinseki. The VA would prefer I not write any more letters to the President of the United States.

I am HAVING a PTSD attack - RIGHT NOW! It is hard for me to hold my RAGE in its CAGE at what happend to me ion 1985, and for the last seventeen years. I do promise my brother and sister vets that I will do ALL I can do to stop the left hand of the VA from slapping the faces of vets seeking compensation and treatment for service-connected disabilities. WE are the FEW who sacraficed the most so the many can be free.

My mind is shredded. It seems the Un-Classified Congressional testimony that I had given in 1985, and produced the cover of in 1993; somehow, had been CLASSIFIED until 2007. Therefore the VA could not prove my stressors.

Senator Merkley's office (D-OR) had some difficulty getting the testimony through Lexus, but with it the VA HAD to approve both Primo Cayabyab strangling me and the United States Navy publicly branding and stripping me of my honor.

I have no energy to continue writing today; but I want ALL vets to know I will fight to my last breath to make sure no other veteran has to go what I went through ever again. Read my blog if you want more.

God bless all of you, the few who protect the many, and pay the highest price so the many can enjoy freedom's sweet nectar.

God bless America!

Robert William Jackson Sr.

USN 1977-1985

S&E-20 Financial Auditor on the USS Kitty Hawk

===========

How can you get a decision on your claim if you just had your C&P just 2 days ago? Something does not sound right here?? Can you explain more??? I'm glad you got rated 100% but it just does not fit on just 2 days???

weaksauce......i just had my cnp exam yesterday......i saw a friend almost die form a mortor atack. had to carry my 1st sgt all bloody from his bradley after it was hit by and IED. was in major ops as well as everyday route clearence and presence patrols everyday.......if u got 100% for that, i should definatly get it for my case...if ur having a "PTSD attack" why are u typing on a computer....my last "attack" i compleatly trashed my livingroom and broke my tv, my girlfriend called the cops on me and hauled me off....im only calling a spade a spade.....much respect to all COMBAT VETERANS!

weaksauce......i just had my cnp exam yesterday......i saw a friend almost die form a mortor atack. had to carry my 1st sgt all bloody from his bradley after it was hit by and IED. was in major ops as well as everyday route clearence and presence patrols everyday.......if u got 100% for that, i should definatly get it for my case...if ur having a "PTSD attack" why are u typing on a computer....my last "attack" i compleatly trashed my livingroom and broke my tv, my girlfriend called the cops on me and hauled me off....im only calling a spade a spade.....much respect to all COMBAT VETERANS!

drgonzo,

You were already addressed about keeping your judgements to yourself.

Don't come here knocking the service of other veterans.

We are not here to measure who has the biggest or worse problems.

Stand down from anymore of this.

At Hadit a vet is a vet - whether combat or peacetime.

carlie

RESPECT TO ALL VETERANS!! Geeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzz Drgonzo your NOT the only VETERAN that hurts. Why would you come in here and put down a fellow VET, COMBAT OR NOT COMBAT??

• HadIt.com Elder

Ok here is the deal. Hadit is here to help all Veterans and also support as they go through the claims process.

We don't compare symptoms and we don't judge. Its really pretty simple if the VA service connects a Veteran that makes me happy.

In the years that I knew Alex Humpfrey he never said a word about what he had done and he was Green Beret with Bronze Star and a star athlete in College.

No manner how acquired there is nothing that makes one PTSD more worthy than another.

There are a lot of people here who are hurting so lets get back and be nice to each other.