VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Which Way Is Up?

Rate this question

2ndclassvet

Question

Firts Hi and Thanks for being here and giving whatever assistance I may get.

I am currently attempting to get my rating increased due to increased pain, decrease in work ability(pain and meds).

A quick over view of my trial (at least that is how it feels).

I applied for a re-eval Dec 2007. After receiving an appointment for exam, I got there 15 minutes late. ( I did call and explain construction and being in strange place was reason). Bottom line Doctor wouldn't see me even though I was in clinic when he called me, I was in check in line.

I resisted the desire to knock the old basxxxx on his axx, and went back to the check in. (This was at the Phoenix, AZ VA.) They were not much help, told to call Central Office which I did right then.(My error, not taking name of person...hasn't happened again)

A couple month later received denial letter due to misse appt., Took this to my VFW rep and we did paperwork for new appointment, which I did receive.

Went through this appointment in much pain and bent, turned etc as best I could. (2nd error, I went through the pain; I'm a grunt, we were trained to do so)

I have currently a 20% sc for chronic lumbosctal and 10% for cervical neck strain, final 10% for foot issue.(The foot is not an issue yet)

I received another denial for increase, I was able to bend to far, nothing in doctors write up said anything about me telling him movement felt as if a stick was being shoved up my axx.

I requested(rep did) and we had meeting with DRO. To me seemed like a total waste of time and was dead before it started. The gentelman kept stating that the pain, the leg pain, burning and tingling in my foot was not part of the problem, that they would have to be added. My rep asked if another exam could be done, that was blown off.

This was February 2010. So now I wait......nothing from DRO or anyone.

I sent email by way of VBS website and respone was:

Sir,

You have reached the Board of Veterans' Appeal web site in Washington D.C. Your file is located at the Phoenix Regional Office and your form 9 was received on 11/2/07. Your regional office is aware that you are requesting a Travel Board Hearing. For your convenience I have provided contact information for you.

No clue what that means other than wait some more.

I am looking for any assistance in what to present if/when this happens.

Prior decisions that may be applicable etc. It seems so many things are affected by my injuries and quality of life is in the toilet. Honestly I am feeling for the first time like giving up and hoping for the end.

I apologize for length of this and hope to find motivation to continue the fight and life; at whatever capacity I can.

Thanks

Kevin S

US Army Infantry

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

2nd

Welcome to the club and you are not small and insignificant. You are important to us and we will try and help you.You are not alone.

Good Luck

Hey, As You can see there are GOOD PEOPLE here who will help you, even if it's JUST an encouraging word. Let me add mine - Keep the Faith. Never, ever, ever, ever give up! Did I say "NEVER?" Tomorrow is a new day. Things will get better. THANK YOU for your service. blessings, -gdee

2nd

Welcome to the club and you are not small and insignificant. You are important to us and we will try and help you.You are not alone.

Good Luck

Thanks.... By chance do you or any of the other old timers here know of any place to look for court findings regarding quality of life as a factor in deciding claims?

The DRO lead me to be believe it was black and white strictly based on angles of movement etc., and nothing else is factored, this seems assinine to me.

• HadIt.com Elder
Firts Hi and Thanks for being here and giving whatever assistance I may get.

I am currently attempting to get my rating increased due to increased pain, decrease in work ability(pain and meds).

A quick over view of my trial (at least that is how it feels).

I applied for a re-eval Dec 2007. After receiving an appointment for exam, I got there 15 minutes late. ( I did call and explain construction and being in strange place was reason). Bottom line Doctor wouldn't see me even though I was in clinic when he called me, I was in check in line.

I resisted the desire to knock the old basxxxx on his axx, and went back to the check in. (This was at the Phoenix, AZ VA.) They were not much help, told to call Central Office which I did right then.(My error, not taking name of person...hasn't happened again)

A couple month later received denial letter due to misse appt., Took this to my VFW rep and we did paperwork for new appointment, which I did receive.

Went through this appointment in much pain and bent, turned etc as best I could. (2nd error, I went through the pain; I'm a grunt, we were trained to do so)

I have currently a 20% sc for chronic lumbosctal and 10% for cervical neck strain, final 10% for foot issue.(The foot is not an issue yet)

I received another denial for increase, I was able to bend to far, nothing in doctors write up said anything about me telling him movement felt as if a stick was being shoved up my axx.

I requested(rep did) and we had meeting with DRO. To me seemed like a total waste of time and was dead before it started. The gentelman kept stating that the pain, the leg pain, burning and tingling in my foot was not part of the problem, that they would have to be added. My rep asked if another exam could be done, that was blown off.

This was February 2010. So now I wait......nothing from DRO or anyone.

I sent email by way of VBS website and respone was:

Sir,

You have reached the Board of Veterans' Appeal web site in Washington D.C. Your file is located at the Phoenix Regional Office and your form 9 was received on 11/2/07. Your regional office is aware that you are requesting a Travel Board Hearing. For your convenience I have provided contact information for you.

No clue what that means other than wait some more.

I am looking for any assistance in what to present if/when this happens.

Prior decisions that may be applicable etc. It seems so many things are affected by my injuries and quality of life is in the toilet. Honestly I am feeling for the first time like giving up and hoping for the end.

I apologize for length of this and hope to find motivation to continue the fight and life; at whatever capacity I can.

Thanks

Kevin S

US Army Infantry

Welcome aboard the good ship Hadit, Kevin. I was Army INF, 11 Bravo, in a war long ago. Hang in there. more members will come by and assist you.

Good luck