VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Neuropsychological Testing

Rate this question

scali71

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit. I don't know the answer but I would say not to worry and consider any questions to mean how is it like when you are home and not how you are feeling at the exam.

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

It may be a long test, so bring some orange juice and snacks! You are lucky to have been scheduled for neuropsyche testing, it's expensive ---which means you must already have substantial evidence of impairment or they VA would not waste the money. Concentrate on your disability and report all of your symptoms, especially those that negatively impact your daily life at home and work. Speak and write slowly and honestly, and if something is very important to you, ask them to please write that in their notes. If you don't understand their questions, don't pretend you do --ask them to explain it to you. If you have any current medical evidence that you want added to your VA medical record, make a copy and bring it to your exam. Good luck and God Bless. ~Wings

I recently had my C&P/Neuro and I am clueless. The doctor told me I had a GAF of 40 with "major depression". I asked about the TBI and she stated I have one which has led to PTSD and major depression. I can't help but think the TBI claim will be lost in the shuffle so to speak.

She said the TBI led to the PTSD ?

That doesn't quite make medical sense.

A TBI is a physical trauma to the brain.But can impact on emotional health.

Maybe she meant the incident that caused the TBI also gave you PTSD and in that case, it would make sense.

Try to keep these as 2 separate issues in the claim as they should be rated separately.

"I can't help but think the TBI claim will be lost in the shuffle so to speak." I see what you mean but maybe this will go OK.

If you get a copy of the actual C & P results that will give you a leg up on how they are handling this claim.

The doc did verify the TBI and you do have the PTSD diagnosis and the stressor (the TBI incident itself would most likely be a stressor -IED, accident ,etc.)

Do you have in service documentation of proof of the TBI event ?

Edited by Berta

I guess I was extremely lucky. They rated me 100% unemployable in less than 90 days. The majority is Brain Injury and PTSD (70%). I got hurt in the line of duty as an MP and had(have still alot) amnesia. It affects me pretty bad still.