• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

•  ad-free-subscription-002.jpeg     fund-the-site.jpg

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

Troy Spurlock

If You Live In Georgia, You Want To Read This About Ptsd!

Question

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/12/law-l...amaged-license/

Veterans groups are blasting Georgia lawmakers for passing legislation that would allow a diagnosis of post-traumatic stress disorder to appear on driver's licenses.

Not only is this unconstitutional, it's patently prejudicial.

If they're going to do this, they need to do it for EVERYONE diagnosed with PTSD, to include police, fire, domestic and rape victims (for example).

The things our government bodies are doing to ostracize veterans is completely dumbfounding, foolish, and down right discriminatory against veterans!

Veterans groups are blasting Georgia lawmakers for passing legislation that would allow a diagnosis of post-traumatic stress disorder to appear on driver's licenses.

If they're going to do this, they need to do it for EVERYONE diagnosed with PTSD, to include police, fire, domestic and rape victims (for example).

The things our government bodies are doing to ostracize veterans is completely dumbfounding, foolish, and down right discriminatory against veterans!

Amazing...Thanks for the news link, Troy

Ad

A scarlet letter????? In this age of enlightenment!!!

That is crazy and competly violating privacy issues... Theres no point in displaying that type of informationon...Why don't they just put a tattoo his/her forehead so that they do not have to reach for their id...

History repeats it's self in many ways. A few hundred years ago, maybe society did brand or tattoo their MH citizens.

Dejavu.... As the fruit of glory for the troops starts to rot on the vine......

During the Vietnam era, they just called us "Crazy Nam Vets"... and taught our children so.

Now everything is hi-tech and digitized. As we move closer to George Orwell's insightful story "1984".

I'm waiting for the "Soylent Green " era, ...as we move into this new world order.

Edited by Commander Bob

Yet another invasion of privacy!

During my recent search for employment, I found many of the large companies would only accept resumes which were attached to their application. No problem, except every company that did things this way, asked about military service, requesting the type & the percentage of any disability. The minute I saw the the question I knew my employment background, references, etc. wouldn't matter. There were no questions about disabilities other than those military related.

Troy,thank you for sharing this interesting information.

Its really up to you but since VA Disability is supposed to be protected unless I see a personal advantage I do not disclose it. After all the VA does not disclose it or provide forms to report it so why should we.