VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tracking A Claim

Rate this question

Fleet Marine Force

Question

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to track a claim? I submitted my claim two weeks ago. I know it is a lengthy process from all I've read, but is there anyway to check on status? I've also read I should be getting a letter, but there was no indication from the person at the VA as to when I would get it.

Thanks for the help!

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You can use the IRIS system via the VA, or you can call the VARO every month or so to check up. Really, it is a black hole and you must wait. Just make sure you can document that you filed the claim and evidence.

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to track a claim? I submitted my claim two weeks ago. I know it is a lengthy process from all I've read, but is there anyway to check on status? I've also read I should be getting a letter, but there was no indication from the person at the VA as to when I would get it.

Thanks for the help!

Fleet,

Welcome to Hadit.

Is this a question regarding an Original Claim (filed on a 21-526 form) ?

How long have you been separated from active duty ?

carlie

Hi all,

Thanks for the help!

This is a good site to get access to. It gives you visibility on your claims and its status. Just follow the instructions and register. Make sure you get the premium account level 2 access in order to get the full benefits of the site. Without it you will not be able to see you claim status. https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits-port...ger/eb/veterans

Semper Fi!

Your claim could still be in the VARO mail room.

In about 3 weeks or maybe within 3 months -you will receive a VCAA letter telling you exactly what evidence you will need for your claim.

There will be a response form enclosed.

I have had luck with the Phoenix DAV.

This office has a good process and has helped me out immeasurably.

Once they had my signed permission to act as my sole agent with the VA I was able to give them copies of all documentation and forms for forwarding to the VARO directly upstairs.

This ensured that my copies had copies at the DAV and all were a backup to all documents the VARO was supposed to have.

The DAV would also keep me advised of the progress of the file and whether the VARO needed anything else.

This was a good experience relative to previous attempts at crossing the wilderness.

I haven't use the link in an earlier post except to register.

I have used the eBenefits site with level 2 security clearance. I was a little disappointed. It basically just says when claim filed, what stage it is in. I has a list of other claims filed, if open or closed, etc. I thought I would be able to reprint out progress notes, but not the case. It also allows you to secure your COE (certificate of eligibilty)for VA Home loan as well. I suppose it isn't that bad after all...hope I helped somewhat.