VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do I Get Declared Unable To Work

Rate this question

Cm Burns

Question

I am told that I should be considered unemployable due to the symptoms of my ptsd but I didn't see that anywhere in my medical records. How do I go about discussing this with my therapist or should I say how do I go about getting to her say I cannot work. I have ptsd and am most days not able to leave home. When I do I am nervous to the point of not being functionable. Any info from you guys would be appreciated.

• Answers 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Cm Burns

I apologize as I got you mixed up with another poster I guess I can plead being tired and over medicated. I also apologize to Pamela and Carlie and to anyone else that I posted to during this last weekend who could not make sense of what I was saying.

Its very embarrassing but that is what happened.

yes all mental health is from va since last october I am seen weekly and on meds for this as well as pain and meds to try and help me sleep

because i cannot sleep well. All of this was put into my nexus letter to va also.

Cm,

Talk with you Mental Health provider/s and see if they feel your

Mental Health issues and/or medications,are something that is preventing you

from having substantial gainful employment.

Do you get all of your MH care at the VAMC or do you also attend

any therapy at your local Vet Center ?

carlie

My concern is this. my symptoms are keeping me from even leaving the house period. not to meantion the stress of not being able to provde for my family is starting to get the best of me. I was homeless when i first posted here. I am in a program from the VA for homeless vets so they have helped me find a place. The issue is how can I work with my symptoms going crazy then how to i try to concetrate on my personal issue knowing that in 30-60 days I can be homeless again. I am just confused of how to approach this issue.

Any help would be appreciates. Do I just tell her I cant work or what how do i approach the situation.