VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do I Get Declared Unable To Work

Rate this question

Cm Burns

Question

I am told that I should be considered unemployable due to the symptoms of my ptsd but I didn't see that anywhere in my medical records. How do I go about discussing this with my therapist or should I say how do I go about getting to her say I cannot work. I have ptsd and am most days not able to leave home. When I do I am nervous to the point of not being functionable. Any info from you guys would be appreciated.

• Answers 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

my statement does not list agoraphobia as a symptom. I did have my meeting.. she said she saw more depression and suicide as a concern and took me through them questions. We discussed my anxiety she mentioned my physiciatrist can give me another med for this. she did not mention the not working. I don't know if I addressed it write or not. or if there is a form i just take to my physicriast. I dont know I dont know what to do I know i am tired and a lot beat.. i dont know what I need to do.

• HadIt.com Elder

Cm:

I learned a long time ago to make notes and read them to whoever I am seeing. As the concerns are dealt with I check them off.

funny you said that. I wrote a note to my doctor last week about some of the things i was feeling. The thing is that it almost got me committed. She said she felt my depression is taking over me and she was concerned i did not feel safe alone. I dont know I stay confused. i am no closer to a letter for me not beiing able to work. we discussed it and she said there is yet anotehr drug they can put me on. i already take 5. pretty soon i will be the drug store.

I dont know I am just worn out..... really i fell like all this is for nothing

Cm:

I learned a long time ago to make notes and read them to whoever I am seeing. As the concerns are dealt with I check them off.