VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do I Get Declared Unable To Work

Rate this question

Cm Burns

Question

I am told that I should be considered unemployable due to the symptoms of my ptsd but I didn't see that anywhere in my medical records. How do I go about discussing this with my therapist or should I say how do I go about getting to her say I cannot work. I have ptsd and am most days not able to leave home. When I do I am nervous to the point of not being functionable. Any info from you guys would be appreciated.

• Answers 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I was rereading this and noticed you asked me a question.

i wanted to discuss that. They doctor did not discuss me not working she discussed trying to get hold of the anxiety symptoms ect. she suggested yet another medication. one that will take anxiety symptoms away or so she said. her letter she write does say that my condition seriously affect my everyday life and makes it hard for me to even come to my appointments. That is all i have so far. I am not sure how to approach this issue with her. Do i flat out ask for a letter stating i cannot work due to certain symptoms or does it have to be her that discuss it. That was the reason I was posting to ask you guys how to approach this matter. Please advise.

thnx for all your help in advance.

Cm,

I hope the appointment went well and you were able to discuss your concerns.

All of the replies I have posted in this thread have been referring to the

VA claims process and not SSA.

The VA claims process is quite different from an SSA claim.

The SSA claim process does not have any involvement in that there does not have

to be a stressor/evidence related to active duty.

SSA is more concerned with if the disability exists and how it impacts the

ability to hold substantial gainful employment, and whether the claimant

would fall under the category of 1) SSI or 2) SSDI, which also involves the consideration

of how many work credits the claimant has.

Did the doctor today seem favorable towards writing you an opinion of how much

your MH is affecting your ability to hold employment ?

Perhaps they will address the agoraphobia issue and how that is also a factor

that negatively effects your abilities for employment.

Sometimes SSA will send you to one of their doctors for an evaluation.

They did that for me and their psychiatrist wrote a report that was very favorable

towards advancing and supporting my claim for SSA benefits.

jmho,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder
I was rereading this and noticed you asked me a question.

i wanted to discuss that. They doctor did not discuss me not working she discussed trying to get hold of the anxiety symptoms ect. she suggested yet another medication. one that will take anxiety symptoms away or so she said. her letter she write does say that my condition seriously affect my everyday life and makes it hard for me to even come to my appointments. That is all i have so far. I am not sure how to approach this issue with her. Do i flat out ask for a letter stating i cannot work due to certain symptoms yes or does it have to be her that discuss it no. That was the reason I was posting to ask you guys how to approach this matter. Please advise.

thnx for all your help in advance.

What is the question. My was trama due to personal assault if that is what you are asking.

Yes, that is correct. My claim is based on a physical attack, but as you can guess, no records of it...