VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nexus Letter For Va Claim Question

teejay53

Question

hi all,

when i visited my late husband's personal doctor and asked for letter to connect the hepatitis c to a blood transfusion, i did not mention the wording that is supposed to be in the letter showing the degree of connection to service.

in searching examples of nexus letters over the internet, i am unable to find any of the exact wording the doctor used in his letter to the va for a dic claim.

my question is, in the doctor's letter his wording used:

"mr. ____________ had no risk factors for contracting hepatitis c except for the blood transfusion received while hospitalized at camp pendleton, ca in 1978. i therefore, conclude that mr. ____________'s medical condition was a direct result of medical care received through the veteran's administration.

will this show the service connection to the rater or should the doctor have worded the letter a different way?

thank you for your help.

:huh:

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

hi all,

when i visited my late husband's personal doctor and asked for letter to connect the hepatitis c to a blood transfusion, i did not mention the wording that is supposed to be in the letter showing the degree of connection to service.

in searching examples of nexus letters over the internet, i am unable to find any of the exact wording the doctor used in his letter to the va for a dic claim.

my question is, in the doctor's letter his wording used:

"mr. ____________ had no risk factors for contracting hepatitis c except for the blood transfusion received while hospitalized at camp pendleton, ca in 1978. i therefore, conclude that mr. ____________'s medical condition was a direct result of medical care received through the veteran's administration.

will this show the service connection to the rater or should the doctor have worded the letter a different way?

thank you for your help.

:huh:

teejay,

I notice your profile lists 235 % service connected.

There is no 25 % rating.

In regards to your question,

If the medical condition (disability) is related to VA medical care, it wouldn't have a way to be

a service connected disability.

It could possibly be an 1151 or Tort Claim.

jmho,

carlie

i have change the rating percentage, it was 25%.

the cause of his death was hepatic cirrhosis resulting from hepatitis c and this was on not on his medical report when discharged. he was severely stabbed oct 1978 and offered an honorable discharge upon leaving hospital ... so the hep c didn't show up until 1993.

thank you for your input.