VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Dx To Be Based On Vets Own Testimonies

Rate this question

Chu Lai69

Question

This is the article that I was telling everyone earlier about VA easing up on confirmed stressors. It states this is NOT just for Iraq and Afaghansitan wars but it is for all in previous wars. I scaned the artical from the VFW Nov/Dec issue 2009. I hope I can up load the PDF file here.PTSD.pdf

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

This is the article that I was telling everyone earlier about VA easing up on confirmed stressors. It states this is NOT just for Iraq and Afaghansitan wars but it is for all in previous wars. I scaned the artical from the VFW Nov/Dec issue 2009. I hope I can up load the PDF file here.PTSD.pdf

ChuLai69,

I still,even with this VFW article do not find anything relating to your post of:

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?s=&a...st&p=200182

"In 2010 the VA has relaxed the stressor issue for PTSD. Now as long as you have 2 VA doctors dx you with PTSD, you don't have to prove the stressor. They are suppose to give the Vet the benifit of the doubt with the 2 VA doctors dx. It has to be 2 dx's from the VA. The IMO will have no weight without a proven stressor. The important factor, it has to be 2 VA doctors dx of PTSD if you do not have a proven stressor. This is quoted from my own VA Psyc."

Can you provide a link or regulation to support the statement above ?

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

I wonder how much chage this will really make in 2003 when I was diagnosed with PTSD the VAMC I go to does not let individual shrinks diagnose PTSD it is done by a panel of doctors a psychiatrist, a pyschologist and a resident who administers the MMPI and other tests I think there were 3 different ones I had to do. I had to be interviewed multiple times by both the shrink and psychologist over a 3 month period, together they made the diagnosis and then told my wife and I and my treating shrink who is the Chief of the mental health clinic, I have been lucky that he has seen me since day one and he seldom ever lets the residents play with me, I think I have seen one or 2 in the past 7 years as he wason vacation. He spends more time talking with my wife as to how I am doing, I am basically a medicate case and he is just checking with her to make sure the meds are working as they are supposed to as he knows I tend to gloss over problems where my wife tells him whats really going on.

I don't see any major changes in how the VAROs are going to start approving a lot more PTSD claims than they used to whats going to happen to thevets where one doc says yup the vet has PTSD the other doc says nope he has PDO or OCD or other mental health issues then the veteran will still bein the same boat Norma Perez's and her type are all over the VA health system

I would not be opening any champagne bottles over this just yet lets see a year from now and see how it's really being implemented

kI guess time will tell Carlie. I will let you know how my case turns out, as I was dx'd 3 times by 3 different VA PSYC's all with the same PTSD dx. Without a proven stressor because my trauma of murder that took place that was NOT reported to the Miitary Police or CID. I don't feel like sharing right now the whole trauma but I think you get the drift? I went for my IU C&P Friday and it too 3 hours. The C&P had all 3 VA doctors dx of PTSD and read all 3 in front of me. We will just have to wait and see. The key is I have already been dx'd for PTSD from 3 VA doctors and 1 IMO all with the same dx of PTSD without a verifiable stressor. I will let you all know in about a month.

ChuLai69,

I still,even with this VFW article do not find anything relating to your post of:

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?s=&a...st&p=200182

"In 2010 the VA has relaxed the stressor issue for PTSD. Now as long as you have 2 VA doctors dx you with PTSD, you don't have to prove the stressor. They are suppose to give the Vet the benifit of the doubt with the 2 VA doctors dx. It has to be 2 dx's from the VA. The IMO will have no weight without a proven stressor. The important factor, it has to be 2 VA doctors dx of PTSD if you do not have a proven stressor. This is quoted from my own VA Psyc."

Can you provide a link or regulation to support the statement above ?

carlie

Oh by the way people, I did not commit the murder! I just wanted to make that clear! I was there when it took place and seen it. Just wanted to make that clear.

kI guess time will tell Carlie. I will let you know how my case turns out, as I was dx'd 3 times by 3 different VA PSYC's all with the same PTSD dx. Without a proven stressor because my trauma of murder that took place that was NOT reported to the Miitary Police or CID. I don't feel like sharing right now the whole trauma but I think you get the drift? I went for my IU C&P Friday and it too 3 hours. The C&P had all 3 VA doctors dx of PTSD and read all 3 in front of me. We will just have to wait and see. The key is I have already been dx'd for PTSD from 3 VA doctors and 1 IMO all with the same dx of PTSD without a verifiable stressor. I will let you all know in about a month.

Yeah, but what about those like me that have NON-combat PTSD...