VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Retired, Had Initial C&p- Pls Help With Question

Rate this question

Theblaze

Question

Hi all. I've recently retired from the Air Force and have had my initial C&P. I got a copy of the C&P notes today. I'm concerned about some obvious errors that are listed as well as some ( I believe) incorrect diagnoses.

I'll post some questions that I have for specific conditions separately, so as to not dilute the overriding question that I have.

Question:

Can I, or should I, send a letter to the VA correcting errors regarding what I told the C&P doctor verses what is in the C&P notes? Should I refer to my SMRs to show where the doctors C&P notes regarding my history are inconsistent with my SMRs? Should I pronto obtain Independent Medical Opinion on areas where I believe the C&P docs are proffering a wrong diagnosis on my conditions prior to the DECISION?

I know that I have the NOD avenue available.

But I've always felt that heading trouble off at the pass was the best way to handle stuff.

So, should I get a quick note off to the RO prior to the DECISION?

All advice welcome, thanks!

Blaze

Edited by Theblaze

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit. Its best to re butt something that is inaccurate but it is also not a bad idea in my opinion to see what they decide after C&P. Usually the answer comes fairly quickly using VA time 60 to 90 days

Thanks Pete.

I think that is whre I am heading.

I may send a note correcting a few inaccuracies, but otherwise, just chill and see what is decided.

Thanks for the advice!

Blaze

• HadIt.com Elder

If serious enough, you can challenge the validity of the entire exam. If the examiner is licensed under state law, you might be able to use the physicians complaint system that exists in some states. I'd be really sure that the ducks were in a row. Another method that I've been told about, but have no experience with, is to complain to the VAMC director in writing (Preferably) All of that aside, remember that you just want a C&P that is accurate, and not driven by un-named goals or personal opinions. Countering IMO's by board certified doctors in the areas of practice can be used if necessary.