VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Burial Benefits In Three Months

Rate this topic

akwidow

I am happy to say I was awarded burial benefits for my late hubby, got the notice in the mail today. No money yet.... He died in 2004, and I won my DIC in 2010.

It took a little over three months from application to award for the burial benefits. I am a bit surprised...but maybe it didn't take so long because the amount they will be paying me is under $1500. It is a small award for them. I had received $600 from VA in 2004, $300 for burial and $300 for headstone. One of his good friends had built him a hand made pine coffin....He was laid out in our home for a day as was his faith, so no funeral home. I had no idea how much it meant to me until after he was long buried.

No money can replace him, but I have his memory... which I am still fighting in the name of.

...and you folks that are fighting for what is coming to you -

Never give up!

Edited by akwidow

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I am glad that VA awarded the benefits your husband earned. It is really all most of us want is for the VA to do their job in some amount of reasonable time.

This is great akwidow and they awarded the burial stuff to me in March I think-

15 years after death but they started to act fast when they finally prepared a proper award letter.

These burial benefts are explained at the VA web site and hopefully in the DIC forum too and they depend on different factors.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use