VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Suicide

Rate this question

vet201060

Question

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta, I respectfully disagree. While the person may have intent, the actual act is not the product of a sound or sane mind. That being said I'm sure the VA will use any reason they can to get out of paying any claim.

pr

• HadIt.com Elder
"...Anyone thinking that their spouse will get DIC if they commit suicide is ..."

If you qualify, and If you are 100% and have PTSD... Your selfish act of suicide, will send your family to the poor house. Your widow"s monthly check will be cut by over 50% of what you receive now. Don't think for a minute, that your family will be well taken care of.

Even if you get deathly ill, you cannot have them pull the plug, due to the financial hardship you will cause your family, by your demise.

You got to keep breathing, no matter what.

• HadIt.com Elder
If you qualify, and If you are 100% and have PTSD... Your selfish act of suicide, will send your family to the poor house. Your widow"s monthly check will be cut by over 50% of what you receive now. Don't think for a minute, that your family will be well taken care of.

Even if you get deathly ill, you cannot have them pull the plug, due to the financial hardship you will cause your family, by your demise.

You got to keep breathing, no matter what.

Bob is 100% correct. My brother Mike committed suicide on Christmas Day 2009 and he hurt his family and his friends. I am not going to judge him as I know he was not getting good treatment from VA and that he was suffering from pain that was not medicated correctly but he left his wife and his kids blaming themselves for not stopping him and wondering if it was their fault.

Like the VA says if you think suicide is an answer it is really not. If you feel that you need or want to do that please contact and talk to people who can help.