VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pain Is Driving Me Crazy, Any Thoughts?

Rate this topic

It took me over twenty years to find the right regimen of meds to combat pain, well, at least for me, everyone's system is diff. Four times daily - a Dilaudid 8mg with a Tylenol#4. Yes, a very strange, uncommon, almost unheard of, combo but I like it and it helps fairly well. Give it a try if they give it to you.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Luckily I go to a civilan pain center and my doc is cool. He will try anything if it helps me. Blanco the only thing that worries me with the tylenol is the liver affects. I believe that would have some form of aceamphine (spelling) no? Anyone try the fentol patches?

You would not have to worry about the acetaminophen content affecting your liver. Each #4 contains 60mg of codeine and only 300mg of the acet. That's only 1,200mg of acet daily, way below the dangerous intake amount. Let me know if your doc gives you the Dilaudid(gen - Hydromorphone). The reason that I do not use the VA is because they will not give me it and I really know why, the price. They like giving out their much much cheaper Morphine candy.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks blanco,

I'm going to the doc on Tuesday. I'm going to ask for that exact combo. I'm going to tell him my quaility of life sucks right now. Did you start out on 8mg of the Dill?

No,I didn't start on the 8mg. Took 2mg for a month and then 4mg for another month. I cannot wait to know if he prescribes it for you. I really hope that you get it because it is the only combo that has helped me w/o making me sick or giving me any weird side effects. I believe it may be what you are looking for and will help you too. Maybe it would be best to start with 4mg as Dil is very powerful. An 8mg is the same as a 40mg Oxycontin but quick acting, hits you all at once in about 15 minutes. Also, the Tyl #4 is the same as a Vicodin 10mg but it is a great combo and I have tried everything alone or combined. Well, keep me informed if you get it and if you like it and it helps.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes I will let you now Tuesday. I appreciate your help. I'm not sure if he goes for where he will start me off at. I take 3 40mg oxycontins and 3 30mg oxycodones a day now. I have been on oxycodone since 2007. I used to just take 3 of those. Then a 40mg oxy was added. Then 2 and then 3 after my last surgery in March of last year. So I've basically been on oxy of some sort for 3 years.