VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anxiety W/agrophobia Added To Ptsd

Rate this question

BigCountryVet

Question

Greetings to all my fellow vets. This is my first time using this forum and I am very pleased with what I've read through thus far. Ok... When I first got out of the Army in January 2006 I did my initial eval and was eventually given 70% service connected disability for ptsd. Today, I went to the va clinic to be reevaluated for compensation. Not only did the doctor maintain that I had ptsd (he noted that it actually has become more severe which was plainly obvious before i even did the interview), but he mentioned that it was very evident that I have acquired anxiety disorder with agorophobia (fear of public places). My ultimate question is this: if this new diagnosis of "anxiety disorder with agorophobia" is concurred with the review board will they increase my rating from the already 70% for ptsd or what? If they do in fact increase it, does any of it get backdated? I'd really appreciate any help I could get. I feel like I'm in the dark here in west Texas. Thanks yall...

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Big:

I was in your same situation. I finally learned that the only people who really understood panic were other panics. I don't even try to explain it anymore.

Good Luck

Most people ask how are you but really don't want an answer. I always say fine how are you. People would rather talk about themselves anyway.

• HadIt.com Elder

When I had my first panic attack the army psychiatrist thought I was psychotic. This was in 1970. I thought I was losing my mind. After the attack I had severe symptoms of what is called dissociative disorder. I was in a bad way.

It's official folks. I threw in the towel on my job because it got the best of me. The combination of the job itself exacerbating my symptoms and the effects the meds have on my performance (or lack thereof) just culminated in me ending my employment. This has been a pretty crappy last few weeks, but what the heck can you do sometimes, right? I am just stressing now wondering how I will even find out the status of my disability reevaluation. Will they ever mail me correspondence as to what they are doing or what they need? I'm a freakin no-go on being an employee anywhere because I can't handle working with people (they all tend to tick me off) much less in any kind of public environment. That being said, I am worrying a great deal because of the unknown about this whole VA reevaluation process? Any words of wisdom, guys?

p.s. started the citalopram and trazodone...... they're definitely effecting my body. john999, the libido is definitely subdued; not as "eager" to get it on as much anymore...

• HadIt.com Elder

Ask for TDIU if you have not already and apply for Social Security also.

Good Luck