VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retro Pay

Rate this question

pastmaster357

Question

Receive the VAs response to my claim. It was denied for TDIU, but granted Temporary 100 from surgery. Just a question though. If my claim for Temp 100 was submitted in December and they awarded it in February, I'm I to be awarded for December and January as well? They paid me the difference from February to May, but not December and January.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I would send them an IRIS on that-

if yo met the criteria for the Temp 100% in December and January I dont know why they didn't pay you for it- did they give any reason at all as to the date they picked?

I think they should have defered TDIU as you cant get both the temp and TDIU at the same time- but you said they denied.....

what was their rationale for the denial?

• HadIt.com Elder

I think they avoided the TDIU issue by awarding the temp 100%. You could file a new claim, for TDIU, since the temp 100% is currently in effect. A NOD doesn't make sense, to me, due to the temp 100% award. Also since they are rated based on work credit it was probably easier/quicker to award you temp 100%, than mess w/the TDIU issue. jmo

pr

They stated I did not meet the schedular requirements, even though I gave a statement that was the medically retired twice because SC issues.
Edited by Philip Rogers