VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Insomnia

Rate this topic

The VA upped my dose of ambien to 20 mg. I have taken 3 pills at once. I work 4 10's so at least once a week try not to take anything. I do end up staying up all night tho. I know the ambien will be worthless someday. I like the ambien because I am not groogy in the morning. I have to wake up at 0500 and drive 30 miles. That isnt bad but if I was groggy it would be dangerous at any distance. I would ask your psych doc to adjust your sleep meds. I hate not getting sleep. Good Luck to you!

Ok folks, my insomnia is getting worse..Have been taking the zolpidem tartrate (Ambien) from VA now for a while..It seems to no longer work..I go to bed and then lay there and toss and turn trying to go to sleep for 2 or 3 hours...I am going to discuss this with my psych later this week..What are some other options..I have to be able to get up and make a lengthy drive to work every morning so I can't be out of it..Here lately it has been getting harder because I am not sleeping much at night so I am tired..Any suggestions would be appreciated..Thanks, Grid

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks folks for the replies..I am also taking gabapentin (takes the edge off the pain) and praxosin for nightmares.....I have had a sleep study done and my VA primary care physician said last week she was ordering me a CPAP because of my apnea..I know that should improve the quality of my sleep, but sometimes just getting to sleep is the problem.....I am tired constantly anymore..I don't know if it is from lack of sleep or the combinitation of meds I am taking, but not being able to go to sleep even when tired is not helping...Then getting up at 0500 and driving over an hour to get to work..A long boring drive with little scenery and little traffic to help keep me awake...Hopefully some of my claims come through soon and my rating is high enough that I can afford to take to take a cut in salary for something closer to home...I am seriuosly concerned about putting my car in the ditch some morning...Going to work is getting harder every day.....Anyway, thanks for the replies I really appreciate them....Grid